The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities. Who We AreODECE works to achieve the University's dedication to inclusive excellence and uphold it as a priority across the campus. Our office fosters CU Boulder's vision for a diverse campus climate and works with students, faculty, and staff to implement the campus diversity plan. Programs and activities engage the campus and community members in valuing our common experiences and celebrating our differences.What Your Key Responsibilities Will BeStrategic Communications and Public Relations:
- Create clear, accurate, and relevant content for various communication channels. Interview students, staff, and faculty and determine which stories would be most impactful in demonstrating ODECE’s story and value.
- Manage a communications calendar that includes programs, CU Boulder Today announcements, web content and social media updates. In partnership with Strategic Relations, coordinate ODECE's PR calendar.
- Build harmonious relationships with communications partners across campus, within the University System, externally, and among peer institutions.
- Co-design and supervise the implementation of a comprehensive social media strategy and calendar in collaboration with the Digital Media Coordinator. Develop effective, high-quality visual and experiential media.
- Anticipated starting salary is $59,000, commensurate with skills and experience.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.Be StatementsBe Challenged. Be Supportive. Be Boulder.What We Require
- Bachelor's degree in communications, journalism, marketing, public relations, or related field. An equivalent combination of education and/or experience may substitute for the degree requirement.
- 2 years of professional writing and editing experience.
- Professional experience using web content management platforms.
- Experience using Drupal or similar systems.
- Experience with Google Analytics or similar marketing measurement tools.
- Appreciation for, and sensitivity to, equity, diversity, campus-climate, and community.
- Excellent interpersonal, creative, and organizational skills and outstanding project management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, mentor, and manage staff.
- Proven track record of professionally crafting purposeful and culturally inclusive messaging.
- Exceptional communication skills, including the ability to synthesize information and collaborate with all levels of staff, management, and leadership.
- Proven technical experience and track record with communications platforms such as Web Express and associated bundles as well as social media platforms.
- 4 years of professional communications experience.
1. A current resume.
2. A cover letter that specifically addresses how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications and responsibilities of the position.
You will not be asked to upload references at this time.
Please apply by November 25, 2020 for consideration.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, applications must be submitted through CU Boulder Jobs.Posting Contact InformationPosting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human ResourcesPosting Contact Email: [email protected]