Senior Graphic Designer
This position is responsible for promoting the philosophy and objectives of the intercollegiate athletics program. This shall include adhering to the principles of the Athletic Department’s Mission Statement, Diversity and Inclusion Mission Statement, Core Values, Policies, and Procedures, as well as the rules and regulations of the University, the Pac 12 Conference, and the NCAA.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities. Who We Are
As one of 34 U.S. public research institutions belonging to the prestigious Association of American Universities (AAU)—and the only member in the Rocky Mountain region—our goal at CU Boulder is to directly affect Colorado communities through collaborative research, innovation, and entrepreneurship. Our faculty, staff, and students work with the broader community to establish unique connections that have lasting outcomes—both across Colorado and around the world.What Your Key Responsibilities Will BePrint and Digital Graphic Design:
- Work with Creative Service Manager on assigned projects and requests from the point of inception through the final delivery to ensure creative concepts are adhered to and schedules/deadlines are met.
- Create effective print and digital design pieces to support CU Athletic departments/teams to include but not limited to: print collateral, promotional items, logos, newspaper ads, billboards, flyers, t-shirts, presentations, wraps, internal and external emails, website ads, social media graphics, etc.
- Ensure that all digital and printed materials are consistent with the Athletic Department brand and graphic standards utilizing approved elements and assets. Accurately prepare and "Prep for Print or Web" all offset and digital print jobs utilizing bleeds, CMYK or RGB images, approved fonts, process, and Pantone colors. Work with internal and external departments/vendors to ensure standards of excellence are met (i.e. quality, content, pricing, and turnaround).
- Work closely with Creative Service manager to provide weekly job status updates to the Assistant AD of Marketing and the requesting departments to ensure timely communications on upcoming and current planned jobs.
- Ensure that all athletic department designed materials adhere to established department brand guidelines.
- Work with Creative Service Manger, CMO, and Director of Licensing on establishment and modifications of CU Athletics related brand guidelines.
- Serve as a department resource for all questions related to design execution related to our brand guidelines.
- Work with Creative Service Manager to determine photography needs for the department as it relates to marketing.
- Assist with marketing-related photo shoots.
- Serve as a point of contact for assigned projects and work with staff members to open up creative jobs, proactively discuss scope and expectations of each project, and communicate with these internal customers on the status of their projects through completion.
- May have to work with outside production vendors to get quotes, production timelines, and proper delivery of art files seeing projects through to completion and delivery.
- Maintain an effective job list process that tracks the status of all projects in process.
- Manage and maintain an organized digital asset library.
- Archive all completed creative projects.
- The anticipated starting salary is $52,000.00, commensurate with experience.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.Be StatementsBe Collaborative. Be Inspired. Be Boulder.What We Require
- Bachelor's Degree in graphic design or equivalent.
- Minimum of 1 year of directly related creative design experience if the degree is in another field.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated visual design skills (e.g. typography, color, layout, traditional offset, and digital printing technologies, etc).
- External relationship management.
- Organizational skills.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- High proficiency in Adobe CC, primarily Photoshop, Illustrator, and In-Design.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects.
- Ability to succeed in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
- Familiarity with Microsoft 365.
- Experience with Adobe After Effects GIF production.
- 2-5 years of directly related creative design experience.
- Photography skills are a big plus.
- A current resume.
- A cover letter that specifically addresses how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications and responsibilities of the position.
Please apply by November 29, 2020 for consideration.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, applications must be submitted through CU Boulder Jobs. Posting Contact InformationPosting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human ResourcesPosting Contact Email: [email protected]