Admissions Evaluator III (Temporary)
Vet Med AdministrationDepartment Website Link:
Outside of TucsonAddress:
AZ USAPosition Highlights:
The University of Arizona, College of Veterinary Medicine (CVM) is seeking multiple enthusiastic individuals to assist with Application Visit Days, specifically interviewing candidates through the Multiple Mini-Interview model to select the next incoming cohort of Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) students. Under guidance from the CVM Admissions Team, the evaluators will interview applicants, score using a rubric, and provide additional feedback when necessary to help the CVM admit a high quality, diverse student body to the DVM program. There are 13 Applicant Visit Days with the goal of interviewing 270 – 300 applicants. Each applicant will be interviewed by two evaluators and will be required to commit to a minimum of five (5) interview days. This is a temporary, part-time position for approximately four weeks, and includes a mandatory half-day of training. Neither animal knowledge nor medical knowledge is required for this position.
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
As a cost-saving measure related to the impact of COVID-19, Furlough and Furlough-Based Salary Programs have been approved by the Arizona Board of Regents. All new hires subject to the programs will be notified in accordance with adopted Furlough and Furlough-Based Salary Programs guidelines and will be required to comply with all measures. To learn more about the programs and whether this position is affected, please visit hr.arizona.edu/FY-2020-2021-Furlough-Program.
- Attend the mandatory, half-day training. Location and time of training to be determined by the file reviewers and CVM Admissions Team, based on a poll of schedules and location preferences (CVM Oro Valley Campus, or Tucson Main Campus are the likely locations). Other web-based trainings and assignments may be required. Time spent on training will be compensated at the posted hourly rate.
- Review and evaluates admissions applications.
- Using commercial admissions software, review and score approximately 25 applications per week for 4 weeks, working remotely. We anticipate that each application will take 45 minutes to review and score, equating to roughly 19 hours per week of work.
- Use a rubric to evaluate and score applicant credentials, e.g. by ensuring accuracy and authenticity of applicant documents, calculation of grade point average (GPA), resume/CV review, letters of recommendation review, essay prompt response review, etc.
- Serve as a liaison and primary contact between applicants and the institution.
- Conduct information sessions and communicate with DVM Admissions staff as needed.
- Examine application materials such as high school and college-level coursework, test scores, and personal statements.This includes calculating grade point averages and determining subject area competencies, focusing significantly on the
quality and data integrity of records.
- Perform report monitoring, procedural documentation, and quality assurance while consistently meeting weekly standards of productivity and accuracy.
- Interpret, apply and communicate admissions policies, academic policies and requirements.
- Excellent organizational skills with high attention to detail and accuracy.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent advanced learning attained through professional level experience required.
Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience is required.Preferred Qualifications:
• Access to a computer (desktop/laptop only, no tablets) and the Internet.
• Experience working with diverse populations in a college or university setting.
• Some experience with admissions and/or student interviews.
• Computer literate; comfortable with web-based applications, email, and light data entry.
• Access to transportation for the half-day training.FLSA:
Non-ExemptFull Time/Part Time:
Part TimeNumber of Hours Worked per Week:
.10 - .25Work Calendar:
Student ServicesBenefits Eligible:
No BenefitsRate of Pay:
6Career Stream and Level:
Recruitment & AdmissionsJob Function:
Student ServicesType of criminal background check required::
Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)Number of Vacancies:
10Target Hire Date:
Expected End Date:
Contact Information for Candidates:
Tanya Gonzales, [email protected]Open Date:
11/18/2020Open Until Filled:
YesDocuments Needed to Apply:
Resume and Cover LetterSpecial Instructions to Applicant:
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.