IT Support Computing Analyst III
Campus Health and WellnessDepartment Website Link:
Tucson, AZ USAPosition Highlights:
The University of Arizona, Campus Health Service (CHS) is seeking a qualified candidate for the potion of IT Support Computing Analyst III. This position’s primary function will be providing user application support and report writing/data analytics with the CHS’ electronic health record (EHR) system. The successful candidate should have significant experience in SQL report writing and data analytics along with substantial IT support skills to fully support the EHR system application/databases and its users. In addition to the significant SQL skills needed for report writing and data analytics, the successful candidate will also need advanced skills in complex SQL queries and SQL stored procedures to support the numerous backend database functions in the EHR, such as those involved in automated data importing from the University’s enterprise data warehouse systems. The individual must also be highly skilled in general application support and end-user support/training, while also having the analytical skills to go beyond the face-value of user requests to understand what the users want and need in order to provide the best answer or solution.
The University of Arizona, CHS was the first fully accredited college health service in the nation and in the Princeton Review, the CHS has been ranked in the top 3% for Best Health Services for the past five years. The CHS is committed to positioning itself as an exceptional student health center by fostering an inclusive culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse backgrounds of our employees and the community we serve. It is a diverse organization of over 150 employees who are committed to improving the health and safety of college students. For more information on the CHS, please go to https://www.health.arizona.edu.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocation services, please click here.
As a cost-saving measure related to the impact of COVID-19, Furlough and Furlough-Based Salary Programs have been approved by the Arizona Board of Regents. All new hires subject to the programs will be notified in accordance with adopted Furlough and Furlough-Based Salary Programs guidelines and will be required to comply with all measures. To learn more about the programs and whether this position is affected, please visit hr.arizona.edu/FY-2020-2021-Furlough-Program.Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide excellent customer service to internal and external end-users.
- Responsible for the implementation, maintenance, enhancement, upgrade, and support of the Electronic Health Record (EHR) application, Point and Click (PNC).
- Provide solution-level technical support for PNC-related questions and issues.
- Provide PNC-related electronic surveys, compliance forms, and template creation/management.
- Perform periodic data scrubbing, uploads, exports, and imports to/from PNC and University systems.
- Build and modify simple-to-complex custom reports (using SQL) in PNC for various business-critical needs, such as, process analysis, data analysis, and quality improvement.
- Create and modify complex reports in UAccess Analytics and Query Manager (Oracle BI).
- Partner with stakeholders to thoroughly analyze and understand needs to provide optimal solutions.
- Assist with preparing, collecting, and analyzing quantitative (surveys, etc.) and qualitative (focus groups, etc.) data.
- Utilize advanced statistical abilities and tools to interpret data sets, paying particular attention to trends and patterns that could be valuable for diagnostic and predictive efforts.
- Provide training to end-users on the use of PNC and other software and technology-related hardware.
- Provide phone, remote, and in-person technical support to end-users (both internal and external) on the use of all software and technology-related hardware.
- Support multiple new and existing business applications and services, such as Microsoft Office 365 Suite of products (Teams, SharePoint, Forms, PowerAutomate).
- Assist end-users with the installation, configuration, and ongoing usability of desktop, laptop, and mobile computers, peripheral equipment and software within established standards and guidelines.
- Manage and provision user accounts, groups, and applicable security following establish processes, procedures, and guidelines.
- Assist with enhancements, upgrades, patches and testing of various applications according to established change management processes and procedures.
- Responsible for engaging in evaluation and testing of new technologies with emphasis on interoperability.
- Create and maintain technical documentation.
- Develop, plan, and execute testing for supported applications.
- Perform root cause analysis and develop manual and automated procedures for resolving repeat problems.
- Provide timely follow-up and status reports to staff on all issues and inquires throughout the resolution process.
- Ensure system changes follow change management procedures and protocols.
- Communicate all necessary application changes, enhancements, and procedures to all necessary internal department teams and management.
- Ensure full compliance with departmental, unit, and University policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Assist with review of business processes and recommend changes that will improve efficiencies and business practices.
- Identify project risks and impediments; notify management; proactively work with other members of the team to complete assigned tasks as defined by project scope and timelines.
- With approval from CHS IT Manager, purchase IT-related computer equipment, supplies, peripherals, software, and licenses to support the organization.
- Manage and maintain accurate tracking of CHS IT assets, including hardware, software, and licenses.
- Assist in budget planning by identifying current and future equipment and application needs.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree OR equivalent advanced learning attained through professional level experience required.
- Minimum of 5 years of progressive information technology experience in area of assignment which may include systems administration, network systems administration, applications design/development, database design/development or administration, web site design/development or administration, business analysis and/or workstation/end user support.
- Intermediate-to-advanced experience creating complex SQL queries, including inner and outer joins, as well as creation and use of stored procedures and functions.
- Practical experience following/implementing guidelines of the HIPAA Privacy/Security Rule and maintaining HIPAA compliance
- Experience supporting an Electronic Medical/Health Record system
- Advanced experience with SQL Server administration tasks, such as agents, backups, and recovery
- Experience managing Microsoft SQL AlwaysOn Availability Groups and/or SQL Clustering
- Experience performing various administrative tasks in Microsoft Active Directory and DNS
- Experience managing Windows-based servers running in a Hyper-V virtualized environment and an understanding of networking principles
- Experience supporting HIPAA-compliant Telemedicine hardware and software, such Zoom for Health
ExemptFull Time/Part Time:
Full TimeNumber of Hours Worked per Week:
Information TechnologyBenefits Eligible:
Yes - Full BenefitsRate of Pay:
salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)Grade:
7Career Stream and Level:
IT SupportJob Function:
Information TechnologyType of criminal background check required::
Fingerprint criminal background check (security sensitive due to title or department)Number of Vacancies:
1Target Hire Date:
12/13/2020Expected End Date:
Contact Information for Candidates:
Patricia R. Morales, PHR
HR Program Coordinator, Sr.
Campus Health Service
11/19/2020Open Until Filled:
YesDocuments Needed to Apply:
Resume and Cover LetterSpecial Instructions to Applicant:
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.