Administrative Associate, College of Medicine Alumni & Development
Alumni & DevelopmentDepartment Website Link:
Tucson, AZ USAPosition Highlights:
This position reports to the University Alumni and Development Program (UADP) and is embedded in the University of Arizona College of Medicine - Tucson Development team (CoM-T). This position will take direction and be managed by the Senior Director of Development, as well as the University of Arizona Foundation (Foundation) and University Alumni and Development Program (UADP) team members.
The successful candidate will perform varied advanced administrative and development related work unique to the UADP requiring initiative and independent judgment. We require a high degree of professionalism, discretion, and organization; accuracy and attention to detail; use of good judgment; excellent communication and interpersonal skills; an ability to set priorities and handle multiple projects; and a high degree of computer proficiency.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work‐life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
As a cost-saving measure related to the impact of COVID-19, Furlough and Furlough-Based Salary Programs have been approved by the Arizona Board of Regents. All new hires subject to the programs will be notified in accordance with adopted Furlough and Furlough-Based Salary Programs guidelines and will be required to comply with all measures. To learn more about the programs and whether this position is affected, please visit hr.arizona.edu/FY-2020-2021-Furlough-Program.Duties & Responsibilities:
Incumbentswork independently under general direction, keep official records, recommendadministrative policies, and interpret guidelines, procedures, policies, andpractices. Incumbents may have contact with high-level constituents requiringthe use of business vocabulary, tact, discretion, and judgment.
- Deliver professional and effective customer service with all interactions.
- Screen and direct phone calls to the appropriate staff member.
- Provide administrative support for the Senior Director of Development and direct reports.
- Ensure office operations follow UADP and department policies and procedures.
- Maintain office supplies and stationery as needed.
- Update and organize office files, including shared drives.
- Schedule meetings and appointments as requested by supervisors.
- Manage Senior Director’s calendars to include donor visits and internal meetings.
- Arrange or direct arrangement of minutes, notices, manuals, agendas and correspondence.
- Utilize Lynx CRM database for preparation of gift acknowledgement letters and background materials in accordance with UADP and College standards and procedures.
- Work with UADP to generate lists for the purpose of gift acknowledgement.
- Generate and mail stewardship-related correspondence in consultation with the Stewardship Officer and Development Officer.
- Complete gift transmittal forms and non-gift deposit transmittal for Financial Services.
- Serve as a liaison between the UADP and the College of Medicine - Tucson. Represent the UADP within the College of Medicine - Tucson.
- Submit help desk requests for Alumni and Development related issues or questions.
- Coordinate travel arrangements including reservations for flights, rental cars, hotels, conference registrations, etc.
- Submit proper financial service requests and paperwork for employee travel arrangements and reimbursements.
- Enter development staff activity and other information into Lynx database, as requested.
- Assist in supporting unit development team priorities and events.
- Arrange development officer meetings, training seminars, and other meetings as requested.
- Travel between main campus units/departments/offices as required.
- Partner with college/unit business managers and Deans office to reconcile financial accounts.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
Knowledge,Skills, & Abilities:
- Ability to learn and follow established University and Foundation policies and procedures to complete work.
- The ability to explain and respond to inquiries from a variety of sources based on the established policies.
- Excellent writing and proof-reading skills.
- Excellent knowledge of office and administrative procedures and policies. Skill in developing and maintaining good working relationships.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, including written and oral communication.
- Exceptional organizational skills: detail-oriented, able to prioritize strategically, and effectively juggle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to effectively communicate. Knowledge of basic accounting.
- Excellent knowledge of office and administrative procedures and policies.
- Ability to coordinate marketing materials and department website.
- Ability to handle multiple projects.
- Ability to problem-solve and make decisions. Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience required.
- High school diploma or equivalent, or equivalent learning attained through experience required.
*Experience with relational databases such as Blackbaud CRM. *Experience in higher education or non-profit fundraising environment. *Knowledge of campus policies and procedures. *Prior experience in a development/advancement program.FLSA:
Non-ExemptFull Time/Part Time:
Full TimeNumber of Hours Worked per Week:
Organizational AdministrationBenefits Eligible:
Yes - Full BenefitsRate of Pay:
4Career Stream and Level:
Administrative SupportJob Function:
Organizational AdministrationType of criminal background check required::
Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)Number of Vacancies:
1Target Hire Date:
Expected End Date:
Contact Information for Candidates:
Anita Berberi | [email protected]Open Date:
11/18/2020Open Until Filled:
YesDocuments Needed to Apply:
Resume and Cover LetterSpecial Instructions to Applicant:
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.