Building and Events Manager, School of Law
Job location: Winston Salem, NC
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2020-11-18
- Additional documentation must be added at the bottom of the third screen under the "My Experience."
- Internal candidates must apply via the internal career portal. Do not proceed with your application from this website.
- DO NOT complete the application without the required attachments as you will be unable to edit your application.
The incumbent will oversee all functions related to room/event scheduling, master calendar, data analysis, and the technological and financial responsibilities of the office. The manager works closely with various internal and external stakeholders to ensure efficient and timely event scheduling and resource requests related to specific events are fulfilled. He/she will work with University departments to ensure a comfortable, safe and clean environment that is best suited for learning, teaching, and administration. Responsible for managing and securing materials for efficient and equitable distribution in accordance with applicable environmental safety and control regulations. Keeps abreast of building needs and new developments in applicable codes and regulations and draft policies and procedures to be shared with the community. Additionally, will book travel, set standards, and provide guidance to Faculty, Staff and Students.Job Description
1. Percentage: 25%
- Schedules various virtual and in person events, meetings, trainings and conferences for Senior Administrators and Faculty and executes logistics.
- Develops unique ways to offer event series in virtual spaces.
- Drafts and disseminates communications regarding events.
- Conducts analysis of electronically organized files and departmental spending; shares data and reports with departmental managers to streamline purchasing efforts and develop cost-saving strategies
- Ensures safety of space by using building code management.
- Plans and executes high profile events for the Law School. Coordinates all functions related to those events and communicates information regularly.
- Drafts overall event design, service standards, and operational procedures.
- Provides all levels of support for events.
- Responsible for reserving space, creating invitations, coordinating seating charts, and providing event materials.
- Coordinates internal and external constituencies such as event companies, caterers, facilities, IT, scheduling, the Deans Office, etc.
- Responsible for vendor hiring and on-site staffing.
- Manages guest lists and RSVP’s.
- Coordinates with VIP’s which may include heads of state, supreme court justices, members of congress, distinguished alumni, judges, law faculty, etc.
- Will set up and break down equipment including tables, chairs, podiums, stages, coat racks and other.
2. Percentage: 25%
- Participate in design and planning of new Law School facilities. Provide space design options while considering all regulations, requirements, and requests.
- Conduct needs assessments and move faculty and staff offices according to University and Law Center standards; assess office space for incoming faculty and staff and assign offices as needed.
- Analyze logistical problems and produce new solutions by reutilizing resources and optimizing effort.
- Determine public space decor, define furniture standards and provide appropriate options to community.
- Manage large furniture purchases and furnishings for faculty, staff, and student spaces. Ensure smooth office moves.
- Manage emergency snow removal, spills, and flooding by working with Facilities Management office.
- Tracks repair needs and lifecycle of material. Make recommendations for change and implement solutions.
- Responsible for equitable distribution of supplies. May end up cleaning, polishing, or small repairs. Maps key assignments and places orders.
- Oversee the establishment, review, and updating of physical and directional signage. Ensure consistency and alignment of Law School brand standards.
3. Percentage: 25%
Space Planning and Operations:
- In partnership with the CAO plan and manage logistics for space projects and operations including general building management, hours, construction, reconfiguration, and moves.
- Provide short and long-term space planning options for Law School that meet cost, productivity, accuracy, and planning targets.
- Review space requests and determine the most prudent course of action with respect to space utilization.
- Work with vendors, University offices, and contractors.
- Create, maintain, and share project tracking tools.
- Analyze reported or self-identified problems, collecting and verifying data as needed, and develop plans to address identified issues.
- Provide regular assessment of space use, with subsequent proposals on solutions where space is over- or under- utilized.
- Research and provide special services, as needed, including storage (e.g., for relocation and sabbatical moves) and office organization.
- Develop operational policies and procedures and document any need for exception. Ensure compliance and bring additional information to CAO attention.
- Suggest improvements in service to improve unit operations regarding work methods, procedures, parts, tools and related matters for the purpose of improving the effectiveness and cost of service as it relates to space design or operations.
4. Percentage: 15%
- Review travel standards and draft Law Specific recommendations.
- Book travel for distinguished guests.
- Coordinate all logistics for arrival and departure when needed.
- Develop itineraries and useful documentation to support a good experience of a guest.
- Determine guest polices with the CAO and communicate information.
- Compare competitive prices and help others maintain low cost.
5. Percentage: 10%
- May perform additional or other work as assigned.
- Understands business objectives and priorities.
- Develops and implements stand process and procedures while focused on best practice.
- Documents and tracks process flow for all processes, procedures, and polices.
This position will report to the Chief Administrative Officer and will have part-time help. Responsible for the Wake Forest School of Law building and all associated departments related to space. Will work closely with University Facilities and other University officials. When working with events and travel will work with internal and external stakeholders, negotiate contracts, and coordinate details.
A Bachelor’s degree and 3 years of experience with facilities or events management. Excellent communication and writing skills. Expertise in contracts and building management. General understanding of space planning technology, design, and architectural drawings. Ability to lift at least 30lbs regularly. Job will require incumbent to be on their feet and moving furniture.
This position requires a high degree of professionalism, attention to detail, and responsiveness, and an ability to handle multiple projects at one time.
Specialized certifications and 5 years of experience.Time Type RequirementFull timeNote to Applicant:This position profile identifies the key responsibilities and expectations for performance. It cannot encompass all specific job tasks that an employee may be required to perform. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and perform job-related duties as may be reasonably assigned by his/her supervisor.In order to provide a safe and productive learning and living community, Wake Forest University conducts background investigations and drug screens for all final staff candidates being considered for employment.Wake Forest seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce while promoting an inclusive work environment committed to excellence in the spirit of Pro Humanitate. In adherence with applicable laws and as provided by University policies, the University prohibits discrimination in its employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic information, disability and veteran status and encourages qualified candidates across all group demographics to apply.