Assistant Director for Law Enrollment, School of Law
Job location: Winston Salem, NC
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2020-11-18
- Additional documentation must be added at the bottom of the third screen under the "My Experience."
- Internal candidates must apply via the internal career portal. Do not proceed with your application from this website.
- DO NOT complete the application without the required attachments as you will be unable to edit your application.
the JD, MSL, and international programs. Provides administrative management and coordination of admissions functions, especially as they relate to recruitment and yield. Serves as the primary recruiter for the law school.Job Description
This position reports to the Director of Admissions and is focused on the JD population at the Law School. This position will work within a team that will also recruit for the other programs at the Law School.
1. Percentage: 40%
- Develops effective recruitment strategies utilizing a range of resources and initiatives, including but not limited to: visiting colleges, privately or to attend law/grad fairs; planning events offsite and on-campus; social media/email campaigns; direct contact and counseling with prospective students; and, works with and leads others in the admissions office to facilitate enrollment while improving the overall quality, diversity, and credentials of the class.
- Serves as the primary recruiter for the law school by visiting colleges and developing relationships with pre-law advisors and student groups.
Develops programming to meet the needs of these constituents.
- Makes presentations to various groups, individuals, and students about the law school admissions process, law school generally, Wake Forest Law, financial aid, and the legal employment market.
- Potential extensive travel for recruiting purposes and conducting informational presentations to various constituencies.
- Leads office in the absence of the Director. Assists in the hiring and supervision of student assistants.
2. Percentage: 25%
- Coordinates enrollment management through the development of strategies
to enhance conversion and yield rates.
- Conducts admissions interviews and evaluates applicants’ candidacy; advises students on the admissions process, curriculum, financial aid process and scholarship opportunities, and general career placement information.
- Contributes to the admissions and scholarship decision making; assesses ability and quality of potential applicants; responsible for managing the application flow among other admissions committee members.
- Collaborates with the enrollment team to create all official correspondence
to prospects, applicants, and enrolling students.
- Oversees Admissions Ambassadors program, engaging current students with accepted students to build rapport with community and improve candidate yield.
3. Percentage: 20%
Data Management / Reporting
- Develops and prepares models to capture data to track recruiting results.
- Responsible for ongoing prospect data management and reporting, including systems to manage visits and tours.
- Provides the data required for all ranking studies as requested by marketing.
- Provides detailed reporting and yield information monthly or as requested.
- Consistently evaluates data management, recruiting, and administrative processes to identify opportunities for efficiency and improvement.
4. Percentage: 10%
- Plans and coordinates admitted student days, on-campus workshops, and other various campus visitation opportunities.
- Oversees prospective student tours and visit processes.
5. Percentage: 5%
- May perform additional or other work as assigned.
Below are required job qualifications (did not meet criteria of drop down fields under qualifications section)
- Bachelor’s degree required plus two years’ work experience in an educational environment.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and frequent weekend events during peak times.
- Ability to travel as needed up to halftime.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies.
- Commitment to maintain excellent customer service. Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Natural curiosity for learning and demonstrated desire for continuous improvement of self and workplace.
- Strong project management and organizational skills; ability to manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously.
- Comfortable in a highly automated environment, working out of multiple databases, and learning and leveraging technology to assist in reaching solutions and improving processes; demonstrated proficiency
in Google G Suite, Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint, the Internet and admissions/CRM software.
- Event planning experience.
- Must be able to meet the requirements of the University’s automobile insurance policy.
- Ability to lift and move various objects up to 40 pounds for recruitment and other events.
- Social Media/Marketing experience helpful, e.g. Google Analytics, Facebook Ads, and SEO.
- JD preferred.
- Previous admissions/recruitment experience preferred.