Assistant to the Dean, School of Business
Job location: Winston Salem, NC
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2020-11-18
- Additional documentation must be added at the bottom of the third screen under the "My Experience."
- Internal candidates must apply via the internal career portal. Do not proceed with your application from this website.
- DO NOT complete the application without the required attachments as you will be unable to edit your application.
- Develops, implements, and coordinates a systematic approach to managing projects while establishing realistic timetables to keep projects on schedule.
- Oversees and coordinates day-to-day activities; develops policies, procedures, and systems which ensure productive and efficient office operations.
- Manages disposition and/or resolution of individual concerns involving the WFU community. Prepares data concerning complaints and/or problems, as required.
- Manages the calendar and schedule of Senior Leaders to ensure that identified priorities are addressed in a timely fashion and usage of time is optimized; manages expenses.
- Manages extensive confidential correspondence to include responding to routine occurrences; provides resource material and/or drafts; reads, prioritizes, and refers incoming and outgoing mail.
- Handles logistics for meetings, retreats, and other gatherings on and off campus; responds and addresses unexpected changes and associated requests; arranges for urgent issues to be handled by appropriate staff.
- Creates appropriate documents including agendas, presentations, and follow-up for meetings with trustees, cabinet members, donors, faculty, and staff.
Required Education, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree and five years of experience supporting at the executive level. Experience in appropriate professional area with progressively more responsible duties, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated understanding and knowledge of the principles and practices of management, supervision, and the administration of applicable laws, rules, regulations, codes and statutes relating to higher education.
- Ability to handle sensitive information in a confidential manner.
- Excellent calendar management skills including the coordination of complex executive meetings.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, the internet, and other relevant software.
- High degree of self-motivation.
- Strong ability to anticipate office needs, plan ahead, and to proactively and strategically meet those needs in a timely manner.
- Ability to follow-up on all projects and tasks until successful completion.
- Ability to interact effectively with a variety of professionals.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and time management skills.
- Ability to gather and analyze data, compile information, and prepare reports.
- Ability to organize workflow and coordinate activities.
- Ability to interpret policies and procedures.
- Ability to present and display professional demeanor at all times.
- Ability to maintain effective customer relations.
Preferred Education, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Master’s degree.
- Previous experience in a higher education or not-for-profit environment.
- Previous experience providing executive support in a fundraising environment.
- Responsible for own work.
- Budgetary responsibilities.