Job location: Winston Salem, NC
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2020-11-19
- Additional documentation must be added at the bottom of the third screen under the "My Experience."
- Internal candidates must apply via the internal career portal. Do not proceed with your application from this website.
- DO NOT complete the application without the required attachments as you will be unable to edit your application.
Job Title: Academic Coordinator
Department: Mathematics and Statistics
Reports to: Chair of Department of Mathematics and Statistics
Performs a variety of duties including organizing and coordinating administrative and budgetary functions in assisting the Department Chair and faculty in carrying out their duties and responsibilities.
- Serves as department and Math and Stats Center [MSC] Business Administrator and attends meetings in order to stay up-to-date on Financial Services policies & procedures; shares information & policy changes with other members of the department.
- Maintains and analyzes all departmental and MSC funds; tracks and monitors expenses; processes department credit card statements and expenses, reconciles general ledger on a monthly basis and submits journal entries as needed.
- Manages student employee hiring process and oversees workload and timecard approval, including MSC student employees.
- Responds to administrative needs of faculty members.
- Acts as Departmental Property Administrator (DPA) and maintains log of fixed assets within the department.
- Greets visitors in a pleasant and professional manner, answers, places, directs phone calls, coordinates and monitors conference calls, takes messages and replies to questions regarding programs, office procedures, and policies.
- Collects/compiles information, such as memos, letters, reports, faculty syllabi, etc.
- Assists in planning, coordinating, and promoting departmental events, meetings, and activities.
- Maintains departmental inventory of supply items and ensures furniture, equipment, and facilities are in proper working order.
- Manages classroom usage through EMS (room scheduling system) and assists with maintaining classroom space and technology.
- Enters courses into Banner and provides course information, such FYS offerings and Undergraduate Bulletin updates, to the Dean’s Office as required.
- Assists with all processes related to faculty (e.g. recruitment/on-boarding, leaves, fellowships, tenure and promotion, exits.)
- Assists with major/minor declaration process and student registration.
- Serves as the primary liaison between the department and all other units on campus.
- Assists with department website updates and maintenance.
Required Education, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Some college level business related courses and progressive administrative/office management experience.
- General knowledge of office management procedures and techniques.
- General knowledge of WFU budget system and financial and accounting procedures.
- Ability to demonstrate effective communication skills both verbally and in writing.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Internet, PowerPoint, Cognos, database programs, and other software.
- Ability to operate peripheral office equipment (e.g. digital camera, scanner).
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of records and information.
- Ability to organize office workflow and prioritize work assignments.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to interact with faculty, staff, and administrators with diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends as required.
- Ability to update skills on a continual basis.
Preferred Education, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree with five years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Works under limited supervision. Reports directly to the Chair. Pro-Active in seeking out tasks and assignments. Commitment to position and the mission of the Department and the University.
This position profile identifies the key responsibilities and expectations for performance. It cannot encompass all specific job tasks that an employee may be required to perform. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and perform job-related duties as may be reasonably assigned by his/her supervisor.
In order to provide a safe learning and living community, Wake Forest University conducts background investigations and drug screens for all final candidates being considered for employment.
Wake Forest seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce, and encourages qualified candidates across all group demographics to apply.Additional Job DescriptionTime Type RequirementFull timeNote to Applicant:This position profile identifies the key responsibilities and expectations for performance. It cannot encompass all specific job tasks that an employee may be required to perform. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and perform job-related duties as may be reasonably assigned by his/her supervisor.In order to provide a safe and productive learning and living community, Wake Forest University conducts background investigations and drug screens for all final staff candidates being considered for employment.Wake Forest seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce while promoting an inclusive work environment committed to excellence in the spirit of Pro Humanitate. In adherence with applicable laws and as provided by University policies, the University prohibits discrimination in its employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic information, disability and veteran status and encourages qualified candidates across all group demographics to apply.