Clinical Supervision Director, Teacher Preparation
The Clinical Supervision Director in the Teacher Preparation Program of the School of Education acts as a liaison between Husson University and school districts in the region.DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Securing all field placements including those for student teachers, practicum, clinical, and internships.
• With other Education faculty, hiring and training field supervisors and mentors.
• Overseeing field supervisors and, with them, evaluating student teachers.
• Supervising and organizing professional development
• Assigning clinical supervision instructors in the field
• Teaching assignments attached to the student teaching curriculum and as determined by the Chair of Teacher Education, the Dean of the College, and the candidate's area of expertise
Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Master's Degree or C.A.S. in Education or related discipline required; doctoral degree preferred; current teacher certification preferred.
Strong passion for the profession of teaching and a desire to mentor future teachers.
Familiarity with State of Maine teacher certification policies and practices, the state educational environment, and members of the Maine teaching community.
Ability to maintain a flexible schedule during school hours and travel to school sites.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.