Director, Award Management
DePaul University is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information or any other legally protected status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local EEO laws.
Job Title Director, Award Management
Job ID 3977
Location Lincoln Park Campus
Full/Part Time Full-Time
The Award Management Director reports to the Associate Provost for Research. The major responsibilities of the Award Management Director are: To assist in the development and revision of policies related to research and scholarship; To provide oversight for externally funded projects to ensure compliance with federal, state and local regulations; To encourage major inter-institutional and public-private partnerships. This position will provide leadership and guide ORS to meet each of these responsibilities and to foster an environment conducive to research and other scholarly and creative activities.
Education & Experience
- At least ten years of experience in grant administration in a university setting.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with faculty of diverse disciplines, senior university staff, and officials of funding agencies.
- Familiarity with institutional grants and with community service grants.
- Ability to provide strong leadership to an established office.
- Familiarity with grant accounting practices and with budgetary and fiscal requirements of federal agencies (including OMB Uniform Guidance).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Familiarity with federal research compliance issues, including, but not limited to, human subjects, animal care and welfare, scientific misconduct, conflict of interest, intellectual property and others.
- Minimum educational requirements are a Master's degree; terminal degree.
You may upload other attachments (Transcripts, Portfolios, Writing samples) in the “My Activities” tab of your profile.