Software Engineer - Beckman Institute (138951)
The Beckman Institute for Advanced Science and Technology at the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign seeks applicants to fill the position of Software Engineer. The purpose of this position is to lead the software development activity at the Quantitative Light Imaging Laboratory. Activity will include development of both data acquisition and processing software tools.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or veteran status. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain real-time data acquisition software for spatial light interference microscopy (SLIM), gradient light interference microscopy (GLIM), and white light diffraction phase microscopy (wDPM)
- Develop new tools for data post processing
- Integrate AI tools into the acquisition software for application-specific phase imaging with computational specificity
- B.S. in software engineering, computer science or equivalent
- Demonstrated experience with C++11, C++14, C++17 in a professional working environment (not class projects)
- Experience with research
- M.S. or PhD in software engineering, computer science or equivalent
- Working knowledge of GPU programming (CUDA/OpenCL) and graphics libraries (OpenCV and OpenGL)
- Visual interface design with Qt- Machine learning and AI development
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2015/2017 environment
The Software Engineer is a full-time, benefits-eligible Academic Professional position. Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience. In order to ensure full consideration, application must be received by December 16, 2020. Applicants may be interviewed before the closing date; however, no hiring decision will be made until after that date. The expected start is as soon as possible after the closing date. To apply, please create your candidate profile at http://jobs.illinois.edu and upload your cover letter, resume, and names/contact information for three professional references as a single PDF file by December 16, 2020. All requested information must be entered for your application to be considered. For further information, please contact Beckman Institute Human Resources at [email protected].
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer. The University of Illinois System requires candidates selected for hire to disclose any documented finding of sexual misconduct or sexual harassment and to authorize inquiries to current and former employers regarding findings of sexual misconduct or sexual harassment. For more information, visit Policy on Consideration of Sexual Misconduct in Prior Employment. As a qualifying federal contractor, the University of Illinois System uses E-Verify to verify employment eligibility.
College Name or Administrative Unit:Vice Chancellor for Research and Innovation Category:6-Research Title:Software Engineer - Beckman Institute (138951) Open Date:11/18/2020 Close Date:12/16/2020 Organization Name:Beckman Multidisciplinary GandC