Clinical Research Coordinator 2
Job location: Miami, FL
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2020-11-18
Current Employees:If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.Transforming LivesThe University of Miami is among the top research universities and academic medical centers in the nation, and one of the largest private employers in South Florida.With more than 16,000 faculty and staff, the University strives for excellence, and is driven by a powerful mission to transform and impact the lives of its students, patients, members of the community, and people across the globe.The University is committed to fostering a culture of belonging, where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to add value. Through values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork (DIRECCT) the U community works together to create an environment driven by purpose, excellence, community, and service.
The Clinical Research Coordinator (CRC) will assist the Principal Investigator in the conduct all aspects of the clinical trial, including regulatory tasks, under the direct supervision of the Principal Investigator, and Clinical Research Manager. The CRC provides operational and administrative support in the management of patients accrued to multiple research protocols to assure subjects’ safety and regulatory compliance. The CRC is responsible for the compilation, registration and submission of data, monitoring compliance with the protocol, Standard Operating Procedures and all applicable regulations and guidelines and ensuring effective data flow associated with research protocols.
- Assists the Monitors and PIs in the organization and preparation of Site Initiation Visits (SIV) and in providing the patients and their families with a thorough description of the research protocol.
- Attends site disease group tumor board meetings and site disease group collaborative meetings.
- Assures that all protocol revisions, informed consents, continuing reviews, serious adverse events are submitted to the appropriate IRB of record in a timely manner.
- Compiles patient data and presents those to the PI for their determination of patient eligibility for protocol enrollment. Ensures eligibility forms are completed as required.
- Assists PI in obtaining informed consent and documents the informed consent process as required. Enters required protocol enrollment report to CRIS Office and JHS CTO according to established procedures. Complete sand submits to the CRIS Office and/or JHS CTO Office protocol specific forms as required per UM and/or JHS policies.
- Ensures study protocol adherence, including completion of protocol specific procedures and the completion of protocol specific documents while obtaining relevant medical information from patient clinic charts/medical records.
- Establishes and maintains contact with patients/participants, health care providers, community agencies, study sponsors. Updates appropriate agencies such as sponsors, IRB, etc. regarding current status of research projects as required and under the supervision of the PI.
- Maintains /logs progress reports to track both currently enrolled as well as follow-up participants.
- Provides protocol specific study documentation required in the management of study patients as per the protocol, federal regulations, sponsor requirements, SOPs and UM policies while maintaining logs to track progress reports to both currently enrolled as well as follow-up participants.
- Enters data onto case report forms and/or into computer database. Completes corrections/queries required at audits/monitor visits in a timely manner. Ensures data integrity and consistency in computer database and written records by reviewing entered data for accuracy.
- Execute the plan developed for collection of protocol specific subject specimens, i.e. pharmacokinetics samples, blood specimen, tissue samples, etc. as per protocol.
- Ensures that protocol lab kits and study specific supplies are obtained/ordered as necessary.
- Responsible for the entry of and maintenance of the patient calendars. Ensures protocol specific data is entered into Velos.
- Monitors adherence to protocol. Takes action to report and correct deviations or other problems.
- Records and reports AEs, SAEs and UPs in compliance with federal regulations, the protocol and UM policies to the sponsor and/or IRB as directed by the PI.
- Maintains logs including but not limited to the following: screening, enrollment, adverse event, deviation, tumor measurement, concomitant medication, delegation and other sponsor and/or protocol specific logs and actively participates in monitoring visits and site audits.
- Ensures that randomization and registration of patients are performed in compliance with CRS and UM policies, the protocol, ICH-GCP, and federal regulations.
- Updates SCCC Business Office staff as requested about patient accruals/completed cycles for billing of Industry Studies and for calculation of RVUs for in-house studies and provides support with study related procedures as required, i.e., EKG, laboratory and tumor assessment studies.
- Ensures timely IRB submissions of initial protocol, continuing reports, amendments, IND safety reports, AEs, SAEs, UP, deviations, etc. with support from the Sr. Regulatory Specialist.
- Communicates all IRB and Sponsor related approvals, changes, information, etc. to the PI and study team and adapts to physician schedules to perform protocol specific patient visits and/or procedures including, but not limited to early AM and /or early evening hours as required.
- Participates in a collaborative, empowered work environment as demonstrated through teamwork and ensures work environment is organized and functions efficiently.
- Demonstrates a level of professional practice that supports the delivery of appropriate care and positive working relationships throughout the medical center and provides coverage for other CRS SDGs as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in relevant field required
Minimum 2 years of relevant experience
Knowledge, Skills and Attitudes:
- Skill in completing assignments accurately and with attention to detail.
- Ability to analyze, organize and prioritize work under pressure while meeting deadlines.
- Ability to process and handle confidential information with discretion.
- Ability to work evenings, nights, and weekends as necessary.
- Commitment to the University’s core values.
- Ability to work independently and/or in a collaborative environment.
The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, tuition remission and more.
UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida's only university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient care powered by the ground breaking research and medical education at the Miller School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, we are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and sub-specialties, and have more than one million patient encounters each year. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care. We're the challenge you've been looking for.
Patient safety is a top priority. As a result, during the Influenza ("the flu") season (September through April), the University Of Miami Miller School Of Medicine requires all employees who provide ongoing services to patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and clinics) where patient care is provided, or work in patient care or clinical care areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination. Failure to meet this requirement will result in rescinding or termination of employment.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:Full timeEmployee Type:StaffPay Grade:r6