Campus Police Dispatcher
Campus Police Dispatcher
Job no: 493793
Work type: Part-time Regular
Location: Overland Park Main Campus
Categories: Administrative Support
Posting Job TitleCampus Police Dispatcher
Finance and Administrative Services
Position TypePart-time Regular
Number of openings
The Campus Police Dispatcher dispatches campus police and operates as the primary campus public safety answering point. The Campus Police Dispatcher performs initial caller interview to determine the appropriate level of service needed in emergency situations and allocates appropriate personnel and resources to incidents. Initiates calls for the campus’ fire and emergency medical response.
Required Qualifications• High school diploma or GED.
• Police/public safety dispatch experience.
• Obtain and maintain NCIC certification.
• Obtain NIMS, ICS training completions.
• Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment background and fingerprinting check, polygraph, medical and psychological examination, drug test, and hearing test.
• The person holding this position is considered a “Campus Security Authority” as defined in the Clery Act, and is required to comply with the requirements as a condition of employment.
• Must be willing to travel and attend training programs off-site for occasional professional development.
• Competency in performing learned manual tasks accurately, quickly and often simultaneously with other job tasks.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships, interact with all members of the campus community and general public and maintain composure in highly stressful situations or when dealing with difficult individuals.
• Demonstrate skills utilizing a customer-oriented environment and service-centered attitude.
• Knowledge of law enforcement and criminal history records security and maintenance, information release requirements and restrictions including Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act provisions, Uniform Crime Reporting rules, National Incident-based Reporting rules, Clery Act, and on-line student information systems (BANNER).
• The work requires the ability to work overtime, weekends and holidays; per departmental staffing rules, adjust working hours to meet special jobs. May be called back to perform work as needed on an emergency basis
Required application documents
Please submit a resume with the application.
Hours per Week25
Hours and days will vary.
Salary Grade Level
$15.24 per hour
Overland Park Main Campus
Every employee of the college is expected to treat all members of the college community with dignity and respect demonstrating professional, courteous and respectful behavior and engage in constructive conflict resolution, when needed.
In accordance with the college policy, finalists for this position will be subject to criminal background investigations. Individual hiring departments at JCCC may elect to administer pre-employment tests, which are relevant to essential job functions as part of the applicant selection/hiring process. Many departments require those selected for hire to submit a certified transcript for all degrees obtained. For full consideration, applicants are encouraged to apply prior to the review date listed in posting.
Johnson County Community College welcomes the application of any qualified candidate and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, sex, religion, marital status, national origin, disability, veteran's status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or other factors which cannot be lawfully considered, to the extent specified by applicable federal and state laws.
If you are an applicant requesting assistance or a reasonable accommodation in the application process, please contact the Office of Human Resources at 913-469-3877, or email [email protected]
For a summary of all disclosures (Background check, Clery Act, ADA, EOE, etc.) refer to the links on our Career page.
Advertised: 18 Nov 2020 Central Standard Time
Applications close: 30 Nov 2020 Central Standard Time