Graduate Programs Digital Marketing Coordinator / Marketing and Sales Coordinator
Job descriptionJob no: 682010
Work type: Support Staff
Pay Grade: 12
Major Administrative Unit / College: College Of Education
Department: Ced Academic Affairs 40001063
Sub Area: AP- Professionals
Salary: Salary Commensurate with Experience
Location: East Lansing
Categories: Full Time (90-100%), Administrative Professionals- AP, Administrative/Business/Professional, Union
Graduate Programs Digital Marketing CoorPosition Summary
Create and implement effective digital marketing strategies to increase enrollment in the College's online graduate programs; lead the implementation of a customer relationship management (CRM) software in a college-wide online graduate program; and provide high-level, confidential support to Associate Dean for Academic and Student Affairs.
Regular activities include, but are not limited to:
- Plans and creates innovative digital marketing strategies.
- Identifies sources of information, researches, surveys and interviews to obtain information.
- Composes, edits, designs, records, produces and duplicates digital, web and print media.
- Coordinates and approves the work of freelance creative teams and monitors work in progress.
- Assists with web development and technological enhancements for online programs.
- Maintains and updates files including statistical reports and performance metrics.
- Assists with negotiating rates and orders advertising for print, television or radio.
- Contributes to the overall growth and engagement strategies for social media of online programs.
- Executes innovative social media marketing campaigns to support traditional media, public relations, and advertising activities and to promote online/hybrid programs.
- Supports social media goal setting, execution, tracking, and reporting.
- Manages subscribers; builds and sends email campaigns in our CRM
- Build new marketing automation in web content management and CRM systems
- Help programs to on-board new graduate students and recruit prospects
- Review web traffic and social analytics and improving SEO
- Serve as a liaison with other University departments including University Relations.
- On-the-job training will be provided on MSU-related content management, CRM, Ranku, Google Analytics and other marketing software.
- Provide confidential, high-level support, including scheduling, for the Associate Dean of Academic and Student Affairs.
Knowledge normally acquired by completing a four-year college degree program in Advertising, Marketing and/or in Marketing in the field specific to the employing unit; experience in database management, spreadsheet and word processing software applications, and webpage maintenance; one to three years of related and progressively more responsible or expansive work experience in sales, advertising and marketing strategies, and departmental operations; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.Desired Qualifications
Four-year college degree program in Journalism, Telecommunications, or Public Relations; experience in public and media relations, composing, editing and publication production, news, broadcasting, and print media, and/or marketing, advertising, and creative services; graphic design; word processing; desktop publishing; web design; presentation; spreadsheet and/or database software; public presentation; or radio production; or computer programming/technology; experience managing content for social media channels.
- Creative, collaborative team player and problem solver.
- Demonstrated ability to leverage technology to develop clear action plans with results-oriented goals for measuring success.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Experience with MailChimp, Slate, Pardot, Salesforce Marketing Cloud or another e-mail marketing software
- Skill in Adobe Illustrator or Adobe Photoshop
- Skill in Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Experience with Excel
- Experience with Google Analytics or Facebook marketing suite
- Experience editing other’s writing and providing revisions with feedback
- Experience with Outlook and Email templating
- Additional experience in the following:
- Strong writing skills;
- An eye for design;
- Attention to detail;
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills, and ability to think strategically and logically;
- Ability to prioritize and perform multiple tasks simultaneously while adhering to deadlines.
- A strong work ethic, curiosity, and a passion for creating new content, telling faculty stories, or recruiting people to programs of study.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.Required Application Materials
STANDARD 8-5Bidding eligibility ends on 11/24/2020 at 11:55 PM
Advertised: Nov 18, 2020 Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Dec 2, 2020 Eastern Standard Time