Research Technician III - Plant Science - Research
Departmentof Plant Sciences
Continuationof this position is dependent upon continued funding
andsatisfactory work performance.
A full-timetechnician position is available in the laboratory of Dr. C. Neal Stewartwithin the Department of Plant Sciences and affiliated with the Center forAgricultural Synthetic Biology. This position is grant-funded and continuedemployment contingent upon funding. Duties include:
· Assistin the improvement of plants through genetic engineering and synthetic biologyto help address real world challenges in agriculture and the environment.
· Assistin performing PCR, plasmid DNA isolation, restriction enzyme digestions, gelextractions, yeast transformation, plant transformation, preparation of mediaand buffers, plant care.
· Provideleadership for a program of activities that meets the needs of all eligibleclientele regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability,religion or veteran status.
· Othertasks as needed.
Minimum/Required Qualifications (includeeducation, experience, skills & abilities, licenses & certifications):
· General knowledge ofmolecular biology concepts and procedures. Bachelors degree required in Plantbiology, molecular biology, genetics, biochemistry, or any other related field.(Masters degree preferred).
· Preference will begiven to applicants with experience, excellent problem-solving skills, andconsiderable drive and motivation.
· Requires excellentwritten and oral communication skills and the ability to work in a highlyinterdisciplinary team-based environment.
· Must be willing to workin a team environment with a diversity of people.
Interestedapplicants should apply at http://hr.utk.edu/recruitment/and attach 1) a cover letter stating their research experience, interestsand possible starting date, 2) their CV, and 3) the names, telephonenumbers and e-mail addresses of three references.
UT Extension provides a gateway to the University ofTennessee as the outreach unit of the Institute of Agriculture. With an officein every Tennessee county, UT Extension delivers educational programs andresearch-based information to citizens throughout the state. In cooperationwith Tennessee State University, UT Extension works with farmers, families,youth and communitites, to improve lives by addressing problems and issues atthe local, state and national levels
Job: Research Technical
Primary Location: US-Tennessee-Knoxville
Organization: Plant Science - Res
Job Posting: Nov 18, 2020, 9:03:16 AM