TN Extension Internship Program - ANR/CED Biosystems Engineering & Soil Science Department
POSITION X2044 Tennessee ExtensionInternship Program: ANR/CED Biosystems Engineering and Soil Science Department
10-week Summer Internship
LOCATION The student will work in the Biosystems Engineering and Soil Science Department at the University of Tennessee in Knoxville. Prior tostarting the internship, interns will participate in a day-long orientation tofamiliarize them with Tennessee Extension Programs in ANR.
EFFECTIVE DATE Tentative--May 20 – July 29 or 30, 2021
SALARY AND BENEFITS
A stipend in the amount of $6,840 for the 10-weekinternship is provided for each intern. As with any position, it is expectedthat an intern is able to get to and from work each day. Generally, internsride with Extension agents during significant work-related travel and thereforedo not receive a travel budget allotment.
Intern will create educational resources and programevaluation tools for a state-wide program in nutrient reduction strategiesrelated to watershed management and water quality conservation. The effort willsupport the variety of UT Extension-led programs that disseminate information andsupport incentive programs for a range of target audiences and with a goal ofreducing nutrient transport in watersheds draining lands in the MississippiRiver Basin. Target audiences include but are not limited to producers, landmanagers, homeowners, other educators, youth, and future practitioners. Theoverarching goal is to address issues in both urban and agricultural land usesthat pose risks to water quality. The intern will also be involved in thefollowing activities: supporting state office efforts to disseminateinformation to support county-based programs, quantifying and evaluatingimpacts of programs, creating new technology tools for program delivery, andcollecting field data to support science-based information and recommendationsrelated to water quality and watersheds education.
• Candidate must be enrolled in acollege of agriculture, natural resources, environmental science or closelyrelated major.
• Should have completed at least 50percent of the required course work for the Bachelor's degree with a cumulativeGPA of 2.7 (on a 4.0 scale) or higher and has at least one more semester tocomplete after the summer internship has ended. Preference will be given tostudents presently enrolled in the University of Tennessee, Tennessee StateUniversity, any other university or college in Tennessee, or to a studentresident of Tennessee enrolled elsewhere. Preference will also be given tothose with Extension experience (i.e. former 4-H member, etc.). However, alleligible applicants will be considered.
• Must reside in, or live within areasonable commuting distance of the assigned location. Housing not provided.
• Must have own transportation to andfrom work.
• Must present a written and oralreport of the project accomplishments and training experience at the end of theinternship.
For best consideration, applications for the internshipshould be submitted by December 15, 2020. Applications receivedafter this date will be reviewed if all slots have not been filled.
Applicants may be interviewed. Successful applicantswill be notified by January 31, 2021.
Apply on-line at: https://ut.taleo.net/careersection/ut_knoxville/jobsearch.ftl?lang=en
· Attach Resume to Online Application
· Attach Transcript to OnlineApplication
Inquiries may be made to:
Job: Other Professional
Primary Location: US-Tennessee-Knoxville
Organization: Administration - Ext
Job Posting: Nov 19, 2020, 11:23:28 AM