Administrative Associate to Athletic Director
Job location: Commerce TAMUC
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2020-11-19
Job TitleAdministrative Associate to Athletic DirectorAgencyTexas A&M University - CommerceDepartmentAthleticsProposed Minimum SalaryCommensurateJob LocationCommerce, TexasJob TypeStaffJob Description
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANT:
During the application process you have one opportunity to upload documents as a combined PDF. The page “My Experience” has an area provided under Resume/CV to drop or upload the file.
This one combined PDF must include:
- Cover Letter
- Three professional references with complete contact information (Unsolicited letters of recommendation will not be considered).
- Transcripts – If required for the position (Unofficial will be accepted with application. Official transcripts are required at time of verbal offer).
If transcripts are from an international institution, it is the responsibility of the prospective faculty member to have the transcripts translated and evaluated by an approved credential evaluator.
All documents must be electronically submitted through the Texas A&M Online Employment Services website to be considered. Incomplete or improperly submitted applications may be excluded from consideration.
The Administrative Associate to the Athletic Director, under general supervision, provides advanced administrative support work for the Director of Athletics.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides advanced administrative support for Director of Athletics and may serve as a personal assistant. May maintain office schedules and appointments. Greets visitors, answers and screens calls, provides information and referrals, and schedules appointments. Receives, sorts, and routes mail and performs other mail services.
- Serves as executive liaison to other presidential direct reports (vice presidents) and their executive assistants. Serves as the athletics liaison with coordinator for Athletics Council. Serves on Director of Athletics Executive Team.
- Uses computer for word processing and other needed functions in order to compile and produce reports and other requested documents. Makes copies of correspondence or other printed material
- Maintains records for University Procurement Card and Travel Cards used by Director of Athletics.
- Assists Director of Athletics in external functions, including Lion Sports Properties, Lion Champions Fund, and other revenue generation support initiatives.
- Assists in the development of office procedures, including complex or specialized functions. Explains, applies, interprets, and communicates policies and procedures. May monitor compliance with policies and procedures.
- Maintains a variety of fiscal, administrative, and academic records. Verifies, processes, and reviews forms, reports, tables, and other documents. Performs special analyses and project summaries.
- Assists in the planning of special events. Makes arrangements for meetings, appointments, conferences, and travel. May set up meetings, seminars, and other special events to include facilities, equipment, and food. Coordinates logistics and operations for all monthly Town Hall meetings (athletics full staff).
- Coordinates the maintenance of files, records, office supplies, or equipment. Maintains office reference materials including online office materials. May deliver, pick up, or receive cash payments, documents, supplies, or materials.
- May assist in the supervision of student workers and support staff including complex confidential matters.
- Maintains departmental files, authorizes the use of, and keeps interested groups informed as to availability of materials. Acts as custodian of corporate documents and records. May maintain documents and records for department budget preparation, student records or related information.
- May assist in departmental inventory by counting material, equipment, merchandise or supplies in stock and orders according to department need for business. Contacts appropriate individual for equipment repairs; and performs simple preventative maintenance on office equipment.
- Coordinates collection and preparation of operating reports such as time and attendance records, terminations, new hires, transfers, budget expenditures, statistical records of performance data and student information.
- Coordinates and ensures success of all aspects of the onboarding process for new athletics employees.
- Prepares memorandums outlining and explaining administrative procedures and policies to students, employees, professional staff or coaches. May direct preparation of information such as records, reports, minutes, correspondence, and memorandums.
- Evaluates work methods and makes suggestions to improve procedures and job efficiency. May coordinate activities between departments within the University. Gatekeeper and facilitator with various departmental units, campus partners, and external constituents on Athletics Strategic Plan.
- Analyzes department operating practices such as recordkeeping systems, forms control, and office layout, to create new systems or revised established procedures.
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience / Knowledge / Skills: Five years of related experience. Knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, and database applications. Strong verbal and written communication skills. Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to: Ability to multitask and work cooperatively with others. Ability to work with sensitive information and maintain confidentiality.
- Licensing/Professional Certifications: None
- Physical Requirements: None
- Other Requirements: None
PREFERRED EDUCATION / SKILLS/ EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s Degree Preferred. Proficiency with FAMIS/CANOPY, EPA generation, and BANNER. Administrative support experience within an academic unit/division in higher education.
SUPERVISION OF OTHERS:
Student workers and graduate students
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.