Assistant Professor Management
Job location: Commerce TAMUC
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2020-11-19
Job TitleAssistant Professor ManagementAgencyTexas A&M University - CommerceDepartmentManagement & Economics - MGECProposed Minimum SalaryCommensurateJob LocationCommerce, TexasJob TypeFacultyJob Description
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANT:
During the application process you have one opportunity to upload documents as a combined PDF. The page “My Experience” has an area provided under Resume/CV to drop or upload the file.
This one combined PDF must include:
- Cover Letter
- Three professional references with complete contact information (Unsolicited letters of recommendation will not be considered).
- Transcripts – If required for the position (Unofficial will be accepted with application. Official transcripts are required at time of verbal offer).
If transcripts are from an international institution, it is the responsibility of the prospective faculty member to have the transcripts translated and evaluated by an approved credential evaluator.
All documents must be electronically submitted through the Texas A&M Online Employment Services website to be considered. Incomplete or improperly submitted applications may be excluded from consideration.
The Department of Management and Economics is seeking faculty for a Tenure Track position in Supply Chain Management. This position will begin Fall 2021. Faculty at Texas A & M University-Commerce are required to conduct scholarly activities, work cooperatively with others, and contribute service to their discipline, the university, and the community.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Teach undergraduate, masters or doctoral level courses in supply chain management and related disciplines;
- Design, implement, and publish research;
- Advise students;
- Prepare syllabi;
- Update course materials;
- Develop curriculum;
- Deliver instruction both online and on any of the university campuses. Instructional duties may include teaching during the day, in the evening, or on Saturday.
- Work collaboratively with faculty and staff to implement departmental programs;
- Provide service to the department, college, university and public schools, and community; and
- Maintain knowledge and stay abreast of current trends in learning with research, best practices in teaching, and technological applications in the classroom, including online teaching.
Texas A&M University-Commerce is committed to promotion of diversity and thus the candidate should facilitate a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and ability to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds. The candidate should have an understanding and knowledge of multicultural and diversity issues, and their potential applications to pedagogy, programming, and service activity.
- Education: Doctorate. Candidates that are ABD will be considered but degree must be conferred on or before January 1st for Spring appointments and on or before August 1st for Fall appointments.
- A minimum of 18 hours in supply chain management or related field from an accredited university is required.
- Experience / Knowledge / Skills: Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively with a team of professionals. Good written and oral communication skills. Commitment to high quality teaching. Dedication to high standards and student success. Scholarly publication record or scholarly potential.
- Ability to: Multi-task and work well as part of a team.
PREFERRED EDUCATION / SKILLS/ EXPERIENCE:
- Experience directing or coordinating supply chain related activities in an organization
- Experience using enterprise resource planning (ERP) software in an organization
- University level teaching experience. Online teaching experience
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.