Assistant Field Education Director
Assistant Field Education Director
About Westfield State University:
Westfield State University is a public, teaching-centered, liberal arts college located in Western Massachusetts approximately 90 miles from Boston, two hours to New York City, and 30 minutes from the Northampton, Amherst, and Springfield areas. With an undergraduate and graduate student population of 6,200 students, the institution is ranked #32 among public universities in the Best Regional Universities-North section of the latest U.S. News & World Report "Best Colleges" list.
Westfield State was founded in 1839 by Horace Mann as the first public co-educational college in America without barrier to race, gender, or economic class. A Chronicle of Higher Education "Great Colleges to Work For" designee in 2011, the University is dedicated to and continues to live its tradition of providing educational, working and living environments that value the diverse backgrounds of all people including minorities, women, veterans, individuals with disabilities and other protected persons, or individuals with diverse cultural backgrounds.
The standard teaching load is 12 credit hours per semester. Faculty responsibilities include advising students, service to the University, College of Education, Health, and Human Services, the department, and the community, and an active research agenda.
Campus Title: Assistant Field Education Director
State Job Title: Staff Assistant
Department: Social Work
Job Code: HA5600
FLSA Status: Exempt
Funding: 7107-0029 50% and 7115-6014 50%
Bargaining Unit: APA
Job Type: Full-time temporary until August 31,2021. Part-time permanent (20 hours a week) thereafter, from September 1, 2021 forward with a possibility of a full time extension.
Timeframe: 52 weeks
Regular Days Off: Saturday and Sunday
Supervision Received: The Assistant Field Education Director receives general supervision from the Field Education Director.
Supervision Exercised: None
Salary: 38 Weeks full time salary 12/13/2020-08/31/2021 $34,345.92. Part-time annual salary from 09/01/2021 forward $25,000.00 (20 hours per week)
General Statement of Duties:
The Assistant Field Education Director reports to the Field Education Director. Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to: working with the Director in developing and maintaining field sites; conducting independent site visits for potential new field sites; application and placement process for BSW and assigned MSW students; assist in ensuring that field liaisons and field instructors are prepared and supported for their work with students and each other; maintaining information in the department's web-based field documentation system; serve as a consultant to field liaisons and field supervisors regarding potential disruptions of assigned field sites and, as necessary, act as mediator when problems arise in the field that require intervention beyond the field supervisor, field liaison, and student; provide assistance to students, field instructors, and faculty; participation in the Field Advisory Board, BSW Program Committee, and other committees as necessary.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Duties include but not limited to:
- Work with the Field Education Director in developing and maintaining field sites. Conduct independent site visits for potential new field sites and utilize independent judgment and discretion to evaluate the appropriateness of an Affiliation Agreement with a particular field site as well as particular field instructors.
- Responsible for the field placement application process for BSW students and assigned MSW students.
- Place assigned BSW and MSW students in appropriate field sites.
- Participate in the field education portion of student orientations for BSW and MSW students.
- Participate as a staff member in the annual field instructor orientation training, including development and co-facilitation as requested.
- Maintain the information contained in the department's web-based field documentation system and provide assistance to students, field instructors, and faculty as needed.
- Monitor assigned field placements and communicate with the Field Education Director regarding any potential disruptions. Serve as a consultant to field liaisons and field supervisors regarding potential disruptions of assigned field sites and, as necessary, act as mediator when problems arise in the field that require intervention beyond the field supervisor, field liaison, and student.
- Provide assistance to the Field Education Director in the development of field-related policies and procedures.
- Serve as a member of the Field Education Advisory Board and Social Work Department Committee.
- Serve as the Field Department representative on the BSW Program Committee.
Qualifications Required At Hire
- Applicants must have a Master's in Social Work degree.
- Licensed with at least two years of post-degree experience.
- Previous experience related to social work education is required (i.e. supervision of social work students, adjunct teaching, etc.).
- Applicants must have strong interpersonal, organizational, and computer skills.
Note: Applicants with a Bachelor's in Social Work with years of experience may be considered
Westfield State University understands that persons with disabilities may need assistance with the job application process and/or with the interview process. For confidential assistance regarding disability accommodations, please contact the Office of Human Resources at (413) 572-8106.
Employment at Westfield State University is contingent upon a background check that is satisfactory to the University. Failure to provide written authorization for a background check will nullify the offer of employment.
An on-line application is required. The successful candidate must submit an official transcript at the time of hire. Interested candidates should electronically attach the following documents:
- Cover Letter
- Contact information for three references *
- Copy of unofficial transcript of highest degree
* Provide the contact information for reference providers in the reference section of the online application.
Deadline: The job posting will be open a minimum of ten days and, if needed, will remain open until finalists have been selected.
NOTE: If you need assistance completing your application please contact our online Help Desk. The link to the help desk can be found at the top of the page via Contact Us.
Westfield State University provides equal access to employment opportunities for all applicants, regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, age, disability or veteran status in compliance with all applicable laws, regulations and policies.
To apply, visit https://westfield.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=126495&CNTRNO=0&TSTMP=0
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency