Part-Time Teaching Assistant-IT Help Desk FY 2021
Part-Time Teaching Assistant-IT Help Desk FY 2021
The College of Southern Nevada appreciates your interest in employment at our growing institution. We want your application process to go smoothly and quickly. We ask that you keep in mind the following when completing your application:
- Once you start the application process you cannot save your work. Please ensure you have all required attachment(s) available to complete your application before you begin the process.
- Required attachments are listed below on the posting. Your application will not be considered without the required attachments.
- Please note that applications must be submitted prior to the close of the recruitment. Once a recruitment has closed, applications will no longer be accepted.
If you are unable to attach the required documents to your online application or need assistance regarding the application process, please contact the Talent Acquisition team within Human Resources via email at [email protected] or call (702) 651-5800 to be directed to the appropriate Recruiter.
- Knowledgeable about industry trends in IT and able to share your own personal insight with students.
- Inspire diverse groups of learners and genuinely want to help groups of learners acquire technical skills, behavioral skills, mindsets, and employment coaching that will make them valuable employees in the tech sector.
- Deliver online small group sessions to a diverse group of learners and guide them in their learning under the supervision of the lead instructor.
- Adapt your communication style to reect and connect with the diverse experiences of participants.
- Support Generation's data-driven model by tracking and inputting (in Salesforce/Canvas) participant attendance and performance in class and on assessments.
- Ensure you are bringing the learning experience to life, building community, and enhancing relevance through drawing on your own industry experience.
- Provide relevant, timely feedback to students on formative/summative assessment, and client projects.
- Increase participant engagement using dierent facilitation tactics.
- Explain complex topics in a non-technical way.
- Coach and guide students to be as employable as possible and support them to develop industry-standard portfolios.
- Commit to and empathize with young/mid-career people and disconnected populations.
- Provide dierentiated and one-on-one support to motivate, and support participants to persevere through challenges.
- Be available to co-lead class, host oce hours, provide individualized student support, and complete data entry from 9a-5p, Monday-Friday.
- Engage in professional development and training.
- Substitute for Instructor or co-Teaching Assistant in case of absence/attrition.
- Act professionally at all times, meeting generation and college expectations and policies.
- Mastery of the CompTIA A+ Hardware and software content and the ability to teach the content to a young adult population with little previous IT experience.
- 1-2 years of industry experience and/or educational experience in Information Technology or Computer Science.
- Prior experience as a trainer not required but must be dedicated to developing skills for excellence in instruction and motivated to support learners
- Comfortable with communicating to large and small groups of people and have a desire to coach and guide learners in an empathetic manner.
- Prepared to share personal insight in the industry and profession with students
- Passion for inspiring diverse groups of learners and genuinely want to help your group of learners acquire technical skills, behavioral skills, mindsets, and employment coaching that will make them valuable employees in the tech sector.
To be considered for this position all applicants must attach the following documents on to their applications:
- Cover Letter
Posting Close Date
Note to Applicant
Applicants should fully describe their qualifications and experience with specific reference to each of the minimum and preferred qualifications. The search committee will use this information during the initial review of application materials.
All document(s) must be received by 11:59 p.m. the day prior to the closing date posted on the job announcement.
This position may require that a criminal background check be conducted on the candidate(s) selected for hire.
As part of the hiring process, applicants for positions in the Nevada System of Higher Education may be required to demonstrate the ability to perform job-related tasks.
Schedules are subject to change based on organizational needs.
CSN is responsive to serving the educational needs of a diverse and ever-changing community. CSN employs only U.S. citizens and aliens authorized to work in the U.S. CSN does not sponsor aliens applying for faculty, professional staff, or management positions (H-1B Visas) in the absence of exceptional circumstances as defined by the USCIS.
To apply, visit https://nshe.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/CSN-External/job/CSN---Charleston-Campus/Part-Time-Teaching-Assistant-IT-Help-Desk-FY-2021_R0123000-1
The College of Southern Nevada (CSN) creates opportunities and changes lives through access to quality teaching, services, and experiences that enrich our diverse community. CSN has three main campuses in Las Vegas, North Las Vegas and Henderson and multiple sites and centers.
The Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) is committed to providing a place of work and learning free of discrimination on the basis of a person’s age, disability, whether actual or perceived by others (including service-connected disabilities), gender (including pregnancy related conditions), military status or military obligations, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, race, or religion.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency