Assistant Professor of Supply Chain Management
Assistant Professor of Supply Chain ManagementJob Description Summary, Duties and Responsibilities, Required Qualifications and Preferred Qualifications:
APPLICATION DEADLINE: The search will remain open until the position is filled. First consideration will be given to applications received by December 20, 2020. Second consideration may be given to applications received by January 20, 2021. Applications received subsequent to second consideration date (January 20, 2021) may not be given full consideration.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The College of Business at the University of Rhode Island invites applications for an Assistant Professor in Supply Chain Management for a Fall 2021 start date.
The successful candidate will be expected to teach both undergraduate and graduate courses in supply chain management. Candidates must have a Ph.D. or DBA (granted or near completion by the appointment/start date) in supply chain management or related field. ABD’s with anticipated completion at the time of appointment will be considered.
A strong commitment to research and teaching excellence is expected. Applicants should provide evidence of an active research program, undergraduate and/or graduate teaching experience and engagements in service.
1. Ph.D./DBA in supply chain management or closely related field at an AACSB/ABET accredited institution or ABD with anticipated completion before Fall 2021.
2. A research record or pipeline in Operations and Supply Chain Management or related fields such as but not limited to information systems, engineering, decision sciences, management sciences, etc.
3. Demonstrated evidence of teaching in undergraduate and/or graduate courses.
4. Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and work cooperatively with departmental colleagues in a diverse campus community.
5. Demonstrated ability to work with diverse groups/populations.
1. Publications in top-tier journals and/or in latter review stages of top-tier journals.
2. Industry experience in an area related to operations and supply chain management.
3. Competency in teaching and using state of the art pedagogical techniques.
4. Online teaching experience.
5. Research and/or teaching experience in supply chain analytics and/or supply chain network modelling.
ALL REQUIREMENTS ARE SUBJECT TO POSSIBLE MODIFICATION TO REASONABLY ACCOMMODATE INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES.Union:
AAUP - American Assoc of Univ ProfessorsStatus :
Academic Year, Full-time, Tenure-track, PermanentDepartment:
Dean, College of BusinessContact(s):
Please note: Job applications must be submitted directly online only at: (https://jobs.uri.edu)Campus Location:
NoSpecial Instructions to Applicants:
Please attach the following 6 (PDF) documents to your online Faculty employment application:
1. Cover letter.
2. Curriculum vitae.
3. Other – Recent teaching evaluations.
4. Explanation of research program.
5. Teaching philosophy and portfolio of teaching experience.
6. Other document: names and contact information of four professional referencesPosition Number:
11/18/2020Open Until Filled:
YesQuicklink for Posting: