Student: State Registered Nurse Aide (Nursing Assistant)
Student: State Registered Nurse Aide (Nursing Assistant)Requisition Number:
3J5SE: Student EmploymentWork Location:
Lexington, KYOn Campus/Off Campus:
Off CampusSalary Range:
Base Pay Range from $11.75 to $14.25 per hour, up to $21.38 per hour with Shift Differentials.Type of Position:
StudentPosition Time Status :
Part-TimeHours per Week:
15-40 hours per weekJob Summary:
You must be a current UK student to apply to this position.
The State Registered Nurse Aide (Nursing Assistant) is responsible to the Unit Manager, Charge Nurse/Staff Nurse. Successful candidate will provide quality care for residents in Skilled Nursing Unit or Dementia Care Unit at our Healthcare Center. Successful candidate will perform according to the facility and nursing department policies and procedures, and state/federal regulations.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- 2-3 years of experience in areas including but not limited to Skilled Nursing Facility, Dementia Care, Short Term Rehabilitation, or Orthopedics
- Kentucky State Registered Nurse Aide Certification.
- Frequently communicates with employees, residents, family members, etc.
- Occasionally lifts objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Frequently remains in a standing position.
- Frequently stoops, kneels, or bends when assisting residents and co-workers with resident needs.
- Must be able to use all body limbs up to 100 percent capacity.
- Frequently works in a well-lit or dimly-lit, tempered room.
12/18/2020University Community of Inclusion:
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.Anticipated Start Date: