Student: Weekend Receptionist/Building Attendant
Student: Weekend Receptionist/Building AttendantRequisition Number:
3J5SE: Student EmploymentWork Location:
Lexington, KYOn Campus/Off Campus:
Off CampusSalary Range:
$11.00 To $13.50 per hourType of Position:
StudentPosition Time Status :
Part-TimeHours per Week:
Saturday and Sunday 16 hours/week: 3 pm-11:30 pm.Job Summary:
You must be a current UK student to apply to this position.
The Receptionist/Building Attendant is responsible for greeting visitors, patients and residents and to help direct each arrival to the appropriate area for their visit to ensure the flow of daily operations is as smooth as possible. At times, this position is responsible for responding to the Emergency Response System and securing the campus for the residents who live there. Responsible for janitorial duties as assigned.
- Responsible for general clerical assistance in their responsible building.
- Responsible for reception and telephone duties.
- Responsible for sorting and distributing mail.
- Participates when needed and assigned to special department projects.
- Comply with facility HIPAA Security Policies & Procedures by using only protected health information (PHI) needed to perform designated job responsibilities which include preparing and submitting claims and processing payment information may access any information contained in a patient’s records needed to meet requirements for submission and adjudication of a claim for services.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Assist residents with daily living as necessary.
- Responsible for filling the copier on a daily basis.
- Responsible for the overall organization and cleanliness of the reception area.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Knowledge and understanding of accident protocol.
- Ability to work with older adults with memory impairment.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to build trust and rapport with residents and family members.
- Ability to work collaboratively with residents and nursing home employees as needed.
- Knowledge and understanding of how to efficiently use Microsoft Office products such as Excel, Word and Publisher.
- 2 years experience working with seniors and in an office setting strongly preferred.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Frequently communicates with outside vendors, visitors, family members and community members to provide needed assistance upon entering the facility.
- Occasionally lifts objects weighing up to 25 pounds when stocking office supplies.
- Frequently remains in a sitting position.
- Occasionally stoops, kneels or bends when filing, filling copiers and stocking office supplies.
12/18/2020University Community of Inclusion:
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.Anticipated Start Date: