Student: Overnight Weekend Building Attendant
Student: Overnight Weekend Building AttendantRequisition Number:
3J5SE: Student EmploymentWork Location:
Lexington, KYOn Campus/Off Campus:
Off CampusSalary Range:
$11.00 To $13.50 per hourType of Position:
StudentPosition Time Status :
Part-TimeHours per Week:
Saturday and Sunday 16 hours/week: 3 pm-11:30 pm.Job Summary:
You must be a current UK student to apply to this position.
The Building Attendant is responsible for responding to the Emergency Response System and securing the campus for the residents who live there. Responsible for janitorial duties as assigned.
- Responsible for performing janitorial duties in their responsible building.
- Records data, such as property damage, unusual occurrences, and malfunctioning of machinery or equipment, for use by supervisory staff.
- Preserves order and enforces security regulations by patrolling buildings and grounds of campus.
- Watches for and reports conditions that could result in injury or loss due to fire hazards, leaking pipes, spills, faulty equipment, etc.
- Sounds alarm or calls police or fire department by telephone in case of fire, difficulty with unauthorized people or medical emergencies.
- Responsible for responding to the Emergency Response System.
- Provide customer service to the residents and visitors.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Responds immediately to alerts from the emergency response system.
- If called and resident does not answer upon arrival, must enter apartments and assess emergency.
- Administers first aid if necessary.
- Responsible for calling emergency personnel if necessary.
- Monitor and document resident emergencies.
- Make rounds of building and grounds in security van to check security status.
- Remain alert at all times.
- Perform janitorial duties as assigned.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Ability to Identify and resolve safety concerns.
- Ability to maintain steady work pace.
*Ability to perform job duties autonomously.
- Ability to cope with mental and emotional stress related to working with persons who are ill, disabled, elderly and/or emotionally upset.
- Must be able to communicate in English.
- Detail oriented and possess ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
- Documentation, communications and interpersonal abilities.
- Ability to use housekeeping tools and equipment.
- Knowledge of security operations.
- At least six months experience in housekeeping, guard duty, and emergency response
- High School Diploma or GED
- Knowledge of security operations.
- Frequently communicates with residents to provide assistance with housing needs.
- Frequently responds to Emergency Response Alarm, which notifies the Building Attendant via voicemail of an emergency situation with a resident.
- Occasionally assists in set up and tear down of events with residents.
- Occasionally lifts objects weight up to 25 pounds.
- Frequently remains in a sitting position.
- Occasionally uses the computer with fingers and hands.
- Frequently stoops, kneels, or bends to repair and clean property.
- Frequently walks throughout building to respond to property damages and resident emergencies.
- Occasionally exposed to outside elements when cleaning outside of building.
12/18/2020University Community of Inclusion:
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.Anticipated Start Date: