Student: Maintenance Technician
Student: Maintenance TechnicianRequisition Number:
3J5SE: Student EmploymentWork Location:
Lexington, KYOn Campus/Off Campus:
Off CampusSalary Range:
$15.30 – $17.85 per hourType of Position:
StudentPosition Time Status :
Part-TimeHours per Week:
40 hours per week
Mon-Fri, 8am-4pm (Some Weekends Required)
You must be a current UK student to apply to this position.
The Maintenance Technician repairs and maintains the physical structure of a multi-unit elderly apartment community building. It is responsible for areas of the building, living units, and outside the property.
- Paints and repairs structure with the use of carpenter’s tools.
- Responsible for maintaining equipment for performing maintenance and service.
- Diagnose property malfunctions, replace and repair parts, then test to make adjustments.
- Perform regular preventative maintenance on machines, equipment, and plant facilities.
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters, and material handling equipment in performing tasks.
- Detect faulty operations, defective material and report those and any unusual situations to proper supervision.
- Perform a variety of plumbing maintenance and carpentry functions.
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
- Set up and tear down resident events.
- Maintain safety of the structure from weather options using removal equipment such as a snow blower or power brush.
- Comply with state and federal regulations and with HIPAA Security Policies and Procedures.
- Other duties as assigned or needed.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- May be required to accept overtime if need exists weekly.
- On-call on a rotating basis for the Nursing Home component of campus.
Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of occupational hazards and safety precautions.
- Skill in operation of power and manual tools.
- High level of problem solving skills to arrive at a solution and justify short-term solutions.
- Skill in operation of light and heavy equipment.
- Ability to wok varying shifts, weekends, and holidays.
- Ability to work extended hours outside in varying weather conditions.
- Ability to perform heavy manual labor.
- Ability to paint and prepare surfaces for paint.
- Ability to effectively handle lifting of various objects weighing up to 50 pounds without assistance, or 80 pounds with assistance.
- Ability to operate various types of tools and equipment safety and efficiently.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, residents, agencies, and the public.
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- 2 years of experience in the field with a demonstrated ability to complete minor electrical and plumbing repairs.
- High school Diploma or GED
12/18/2020University Community of Inclusion:
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.Anticipated Start Date: