UNT System Overview:
Welcome to the University of North Texas System, or UNT World as we like to call ourselves. UNT World includes the University of North Texas in Denton, the University of North Texas at Dallas and the University of North Texas Health Science Center in Fort Worth. We are the only university system based exclusively in the robust Dallas-Fort Worth region and we are committed to transforming lives and creating economic opportunity through education. Over the past decade, combined UNTS enrollment has grown by more than 25 percent to nearly 44,000 students.Posting Title:
DentonFull Time/Part Time:
The Registrar’s Office provides support services to faculty, staff, students and other constituents in the areas of academic programs and degree requirements, course scheduling, enrollment, degree verification, graduation, athletic eligibility and maintenance of student academic records, as well as handles state and federal
This position is responsible for managing and directing all daily operations related to receiving, evaluating and processing incoming test and transfer course work, transfer equivalency evaluation, maintenance of transfer equivalency databases (i.e.- u.achieve, TES, transferology), and degree audit information (u.achieve). This position is responsible for understanding university degree programs, university core requirements, Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board rules (i.e.- WECM, ACGM, core, etc.), the application of transfer work to the degree plan and ensuring compliance is maintained in the related systems.Minimum Qualifications:
Bachelor’s Degree and three or more years of progressively responsible experience in academic administration or related field; or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience.Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Demonstrated competency in administering services and operations in a college/university environment, including demonstrated skill in problem solving and change management.
• Knowledge of hiring, developing, supervising, and evaluating staff.
• Commitment to providing high-quality customer service.
• Ability to work in a collaborative results-oriented environment.
• Consistently exercise initiative, tact, diplomacy, and professionalism.
• Evaluate and resolve problems.
• Establishes, motivates, and supports effective teams to meet objectives.
• Manages conflict, works collaboratively within office and with other university departments.
• Current knowledge of Federal educational laws and policies pertaining to education records.
• Ability to effectively use computer and information technology.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
- Master’s Degree or equivalent number of years of experience.
- Thorough knowledge of Texas rules and regulations (or ability to rapidly assimilate).
- Ability to plan and conceptualize and make sound business decisions.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with diverse populations verbally and in writing.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to work independently.
- Knowledge of safety and security precautions appropriate to work performed.
Mon-Fri 8-5 with some overtime.Driving University Vehicle:
This is a security sensitive positionEEO Statement:
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.Classification Title:
Assistant RegistrarPhysical Requirements:
Reaching, Sitting, Standing, Walking, Writing, Grasp, Talk or Hearo:
Understands, monitors, and directs each part of the Intelligent Capture processing starting from document receipt through equivalency, including imaging, linking, verification, and transfer equivalency form review.o:
Plans and directs daily operations related to the maintenance of transfer articulation in U.Achieve. Audits u.Achieve yearly to ensure accurate and up to date articulation of state of Texas public school updates (i.e.- core, WECM, ACGM, etc.).o:
Plans and directs daily operations related to the receipt and posting of transfer work.o:
Plans and directs daily operations related to the oversight of awarding non-traditional credit including, but not limited to AP, CLEP, etc.o:
Plans and directs daily operations related to the updating and maintaining Transfer Equivalencies. Evaluates changes in Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board rules and makes updates as needed. Evaluates updates to 2-yr and 4-yr Texas public schools; including applicable core, WECM, ACGM, etc.o:
Plans and directs daily operations related to oversight of TES. Ensures all u.achieve rules are found in TES. Manges the TES articulation workflow, evaluates processes, identifies process improvement, and ensures proper documentation is developed and updated.o:
Plans and directs daily operations related to UNT’s Transferology information. Utilizes popular requested courses report to ensure transfer articulation rules are updated. Monitors use of Transferology and utilization of degree audit by users of Transferology.o:
Demonstrates effective team management skills, and ability to develop and execute short and long-term departmental goals.Posting Number:
S1185PQuicklink for Posting: