Job no: 493627
Position Type: Full-Time
Location: Elgin, IL
Experience Level: Entry-Level
Categories: Building & Grounds Cleaning and Maintenance
Role: Groundskeeper I
About ECCElgin Community College serves over 9,000 students at every stage of their educational journeys, including university transfer programs, career and technical education, continuing education classes, and adult basic education. As a community, we pride ourselves on nurturing a welcoming campus where every person—students, staff members, faculty members, and campus visitors—feels valued. The work of each ECC employee is central to the college’s mission, and as an employer, the college fosters a positive environment through professional challenges, excellent benefits, and opportunities for recognition and camaraderie.
Work Schedule:MONDAY - FRIDAY 6 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
Rate of Pay:$27,040
Job Summary:Perform grounds maintenance, landscaping and snow removal.
Required Knowledge, Skills &; Abilities:
1. High school diploma or general education degree (GED)\; or equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
2. Experience in the operation and maintenance of lawnmowers and equipment for landscaping, parking lot maintenance and snow removal.
3. Experience planting, weeding and performing grounds maintenance.
4. Experience in the maintenance and repair of parking lots and sidewalks.
Desired Knowledge, Skills &; Abilities:
1. Operate lawnmowers and various equipment used in landscaping, parking lot maintenance, and snow removal.
2. Assist in planting, weeding and ground maintenance.
3. Assist with tree trimming, clean up, and removal.
4. Assist in the maintenance or repair of parking lots and sidewalks.
5. Assist in furniture and equipment moves.
1. Assist with pick up/drop off of donations for various college departments.
2. Post banners and set up barricades for special events on campus.
3. Post signs notifying the students and staff of events on campus.
4. Perform other job-related duties as assigned which pertain to the job description.
Heavy (up to 100 lbs occasionally or 50 lbs frequently or 25 lbs constantly)
Operates motor vehicles or heavy equipment
Extreme cold (below 32 degrees for more than one hour)
Extreme heat (above 100 degrees for more than one hour)
Fumes or airborne particles
Current SSECCA Union Member Information:
The initial posting date for this position is 11/18/2020. Elgin Community College Support Staff Association(SSECCA) members that apply by 11/25/2020 and meet the posted minimum qualifications will receive full consideration.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
Elgin Community College does not discriminate, or tolerate discrimination, against any member of its community on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender/gender identity, age, religion, disability, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law in matters of admissions, employment, or in any aspect of the educational programs or activities it offers.
In addition, Elgin Community College provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities to ensure equal access and equal opportunities with regard to employment practices, educational opportunities, and programs and services. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify the College’s EEO/AA Officer. Determinations on request for a reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
Advertised: November 18, 2020 Central Standard Time