Federal Work Study for CCLD
Student ApplicationSchool/Department: Center of Career and Leadership Development Primary Location: Cochran Position: Student Job Type: Part Time Position Close Date: Until Filled Description:
JOB SUMMARY: Middle Georgia State University is seeking candidates for an Institutional Work Study position in the Center for Career and Leadership Development on the Cochran Campus.
- Helps with daily operations of running the office (answering phones, making copies, distributing mail, assisting walk-ins, etc).
- Communicates professionally on the phone and in-person to resolve or escalate inquiries.
- Schedules appointments for the Center for Career and Leadership Development staff.
- Provides one-on-one guidance on student-submitted resumes and cover letters.
- Answer general questions on interviewing, professional attire, career fair prep, Linkedin, and job search.
- Maintains the Professional Closet, including sorting donations, organizing clothing, and writing receipts.
- Handles approval of employers, jobs, and internships on university job board system, Handshake.
- Instructs students on taking career assessment tests (Focus2 and ONET Interest Profiler).
- Promotes the Center for Career and Leadership Development at virtual or in-person school events, such as Club Rush, Orientation, Graduation Finale, etc.
- Conducts virtual presentations related to our services and Handshake.
- Markets Center for Career and Leadership Development events on campus via hosting information tables around campus or virtually and encouraging attendance.
- Maintain spreadsheets and data related to sign-in sheets, number of event attendees, etc.
- Assists the staff and the Director of the Center for Career and Leadership Development with other duties as assigned.
- Must have GPA of at least 2.5.
- Knowledge of University policies and procedures.
- Knowledge and customer service principles and practices.
- Knowledge of computers and job-related software programs.
- Oral and communication skills.
APPLICATION DEADLINE Review of applications will begin immediately. Position will be posted until filled.
TO APPLY: Application for all student worker jobs are required to have completed a FAFSA for this academic year. Interested candidates should complete an online application at: https://www.mga.edu/human-resources/jobs/applications/student-worker-application.php. Put the position you are applying for as “Center for Career and Leadership Development – Cochran” so we know which campus you are applying for.
Background checks will be conducted on all final candidates.Student ApplicationA Unit of the University System of GeorgiaEEO/AA/M/F/V/D