The TRIO/College Success Program is accepting applications for a Retention Mentor at the Northern Wyoming Community College District. The position, under the Director of TRIO will support student success, retention, and progression to graduation. Utilizing an academic mentoring model, the Retention Mentor will conduct individual and group outreach on a regular basis, provide comprehensive support for students, connect students to campus and community resources, monitor and track progress, and maintain communication with TRIO program and institutional faculty and staff. The individual in this position should have the ability to work independently while being part of a team across the college district.
This is a twelve-month position, contingent on grant funding.
- Bachelor’s degree required in education, counseling, higher education, student services, psychology, sociology or related field.
- Two years’ experience working with non-traditional or at-risk populations in the capacity of advising, counseling, education, or mentoring.
- Prior experience working with/for a TRiO or Educational Opportunity Programs is preferred.
Required skills, licensures, certifications, or registrations:
- Transcripts and background clearances required upon hire
- Current driver’s license and willingness to transport students
- Individual membership in regional TRIO association required upon hiring
- Master’s degree in student development, education, psychology, sociology, or related field.
- Having overcome similar barriers and/or come from similar backgrounds to the target population for the TRIO program.
- Advising in a higher education setting.
- Working with federal/state education grants.
- Bilingual/fluency in Spanish
• Employer paid retirement plan(17.37% employer paid; .75% employee paid)
• Group Health, Dental and Life Insurance, including Flex Benefits
• 20 days paid annual leave
• Four days per year paid personal leave
• 16 paid holidays per year
• Paid medical, emergency and bereavement leave
• Employee and family tuition waivers
• Free easy-access parking
• Collaborative work environment
• Onsite fitness center and walking track
• Verizon, Microsoft, Dell and HP employee discounts
• Professional development
Sheridan College is located in historic Sheridan, WY at the foot of the beautiful Big Horn Mountains, minutes away from a variety of outdoor recreational activities. Sheridan is ranked “America’s Top Western Town” by True West magazine and is a vibrant community. Sheridan College is a vital component in the community.
Gillette College is located in Gillette, WY, the county seat of Campbell County. Located midway between the Big Horn Mountains to the West and the Black Hills of South Dakota to the east. Gillette is a growing, family-friendly community and enjoys a very strong economy due to energy-related industries located there.
NWCCD also includes a small campus site in Buffalo, WY.
Apply online at: https://jobs.sheridan.edu