Research Data Analyst 1
Research Data Analyst 1🔍School of Medicine, Stanford, California, United StatesNew📁Information Analytics📅5 hours ago Post Date📅87855 Requisition #Stanford University is seeking a Research Data Analyst 1 to Manage and analyze large amounts of information, typically technical or scientific in nature, under the direction of project researchers, investigators, or managers.About the Department of PathologyComprised of extraordinary faculty and staff, our mission is to improve the diagnosis, treatment and basic understanding of human disease. We accomplish this through our clinical services, research, and training the future leaders in pathology and related fields. A major focus of clinical research in the Department continues to be the correlation of patient outcome and treatment response with the surgical pathologic diagnosis of human cancers. Everything we do is to provide the highest quality of pathology diagnostic services to the patients for whom we passionately care.For more information about the department visit http://pathology.stanford.edu/ About the Position:We are seeking a Research Data Analyst 1 to join the group of Dr. Mike Angelo at the Stanford Blood Center in the Department of Pathology. This Data Analyst will aid in the development of algorithms and software for analysis of highly-multiplexed imaging data generated by a next-generation IHC platform (Multiplexed ion beam imaging) housed in the Angelo lab. A strong background in analyzing biological imaging data is desired. The Data Analyst will play a key role in designing, building and maintaining the analytical pipelines used for routine image analysis in the lab. Additionally, the Data Analyst will develop new methods for image segmentation, object identification and phenotyping. In addition to these cross-project responsibilities, the Data Analyst will also be involved in individual project, assisting M.D.s and Biology Ph.D.s in their data analysis tasks. Must be a good team player. Duties include:
- Collect, manage and clean datasets.
- Employ new and existing tools to interpret, analyze, and visualize multivariate relationships in data.
- Create databases and reports, develop algorithms and statistical models, and perform statistical analyses appropriate to data and reporting requirements.
- Use system reports and analyses to identify potentially problematic data, make corrections, and determine root cause for data problems from input errors or inadequate field edits, and suggest possible solutions.
- Develop reports, charts, graphs and tables for use by investigators and for publication and presentation.
- Analyze data processes in documentation.
- Collaborate with faculty and research staff on data collection and analysis methods.
- Provide documentation based on audit and reporting criteria to investigators and research staff.
- Communicate with government officials, grant agencies and industry representatives.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science or related field.
- Research experience in computational biology desired; specifically in analysis of high-throughput, multiplexed data. Experience in designing data analysis pipelines is an advantage.
- Experience in industry as software engineer is desired; specifically is generating graphical user interfaces.
- Knowledge and experience in machine learning is highly desired; specifically application of deep learning to computer vision and image analysis.
- Intimate knowledge with at least one of the following programming languages: Python/R/Perl/Matlab/Java/C/C++
- The candidate should be able to work independently, be highly motivated, well organized, adaptable and work well within a highly interdisciplinary and international team. Good communication and interpersonal skills as well as fluent English are essential, as well as proficient computer skills (Mac and PC).
- Substantial experience with MS Office and analytical programs.
- Strong writing and analytical skills.
- Ability to prioritize workload.
- Sitting in place at computer for long periods of time with extensive keyboarding/dexterity.
- Occasionally use a telephone.
- Rarely writing by hand.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4751
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: G
- Requisition ID: 87855