Clinical Rsch Coord 2
Clinical Rsch Coord 2
Job Number: 87861
Stanford University is seeking a Clinical Research Coordinator 2 to conduct clinical research and work independently on progressively more complex projects/assignments. Independently manage significant and key aspects of a large study or all aspects of one or more small research studies.
- Oversee subject recruitment and study enrollment goals. Determine effective strategies for promoting/recruiting research participants and retaining participants in long-term clinical trials.
- Oversee data management for research projects. Develop and manage systems to organize, collect, report, and monitor data collection. Extract, analyze, and interpret data.
- Develop project schedules, targets, measurements, and accountabilities, as assigned. Lead team meetings and prepare/approve minutes.
- Formally supervise, train, and/or mentor new staff or students, as assigned, potentially including hiring, preparing or assisting with the preparation of performance evaluations, and performing related duties, in addition to instruction on project work.
- Audit operations, including laboratory procedures, to ensure compliance with applicable regulations; provide leadership in identifying and implementing corrective actions/processes. Monitor Institutional Review Board submissions, and respond to requests and questions.
- Collaborate with principal investigators and study sponsors, monitor and report serious adverse events, and resolve study queries.
- Provide leadership in determining, recommending, and implementing improvements to policies/processes; define best practices.
- Develop study budget with staff and principal investigator, identifying standard of care versus study procedures. Track patient and study specific milestones, and invoice sponsors according to study contract.
- Ensure regulatory compliance. Regularly inspect study document to ensure ongoing regulatory compliance.
- Work with principal investigator to ensure Investigational New Drug applications are submitted to the FDA when applicable. Ensure Institutional Review Board renewals are completed.
* - Other duties may also be assigned
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):
Bachelor's degree in a related field and two years of experience in clinical research, or an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and database applications.
- Experience with research protocols and regulatory or governing bodies, which include HIPAA and FDA regulations, Institutional Review Board requirements, and Good Clinical Practices.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
CERTIFICATIONS & LICENSES:
Society of Clinical Research Associates or Association of Clinical Research Professionals certification is preferred. May require a valid California Driver's License.
- Frequently stand, walk, twist, bend, stoop, squat and use fine light/fine grasping.
- Occasionally sit, reach above shoulders, perform desk based computer tasks, use a telephone and write by hand, lift, carry, push, and pull objects that weigh up to 40 pounds.
- Rarely kneel, crawl, climb ladders, grasp forcefully, sort and file paperwork or parts, rarely lift, carry, push, and pull objects that weigh 40 pounds or more.
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
Additional PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Position may at times require the employee to work with or be in areas where hazardous materials and/or exposure to chemicals, blood, body fluid or tissues and risk of exposure to contagious diseases and infections.
- May require extended or unusual work hours based on research requirements and business needs.
Additional WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4102
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: E
- Department URL: http://pediatrics.stanford.edu/
- Requisition ID: 87861
Location: School of Medicine, Stanford, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency