MAINTENANCE SERVICES ATTENDANT #00054630
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 34907
Hiring Department Auxiliary Operations Application DeadlineDecember 2, 2020 Full Time/Part TimeFull Time, benefit eligibleMonday - Friday8:00 am - 4:30 pm Salary$13.69 - $15.50 per hour Job DescriptionPerform varied work at an intermediate level of skill combining activities in various mechanical and building trade areas. All work is subject to inspection for conformance to specifications and accepted standards of the trade, but is primarily reviewed through observation of results.
- Perform basic repair and maintenance of buildings including fixed and moveable equipment and fixtures.
- Perform some semi-skilled mechanical trades work relating to the installation, operation, maintenance and repair of electrical, refrigeration, air conditioning, heating, ventilating, and plumbing systems fixed and moveable equipment, fixtures and units.
- Perform some semi-skilled building trades work in carpentry, painting, glazing, mason/tuck pointing, plastering, etc.
- Notify supervisor or arrange for skilled trades staff for repair and installation tasks requiring an advanced level of skill.
- May perform or assist with preparation of cost estimates, material orders, reports and maintenance of records.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or a combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired is necessary.
- Two years of general maintenance experience is required. (Some or all of the two years of experience may be required to be in a specific skill area of concentration; i.e., carpentry, plumbing, heating/air conditioning, etc.)
- Skill in the maintenance and operation of tools, equipment and materials.
- Sufficient strength to perform heavy lifting and work on ladders on an occasional basis.
- A valid driver’s license may be required for certain positions.
A valid driver's license Comments
The final candidate is required to provide copies of official transcript(s) for any college degree(s) listed in application materials submitted. Copies of transcript(s) should be provided prior to the start of employment. In addition, the final candidate may be required to verify other credentials listed in application materials.
Failure to provide official transcript(s) or other required verification may result in the withdrawal of the job offer.
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of a criminal background check.
Equal Opportunity is and shall be provided for all employees and applicants for employment on the basis of their demonstrated ability and competence without unlawful discrimination on the basis of their race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable state or federal law. This policy shall not be interpreted in such a manner as to violate the legal rights of religious organizations or the recruiting rights of military organizations associated with the Armed Forces or the Department of Homeland Security of the United States of America.
The University's nondiscrimination policy applies to any phase of its employment process, any phase of its admission or financial aid programs, or other aspects of its educational programs or activities. Further, this policy applies to sexual violence or sexual harassment, both forms of sex discrimination, occurring within the educational program and instances occurring outside of the educational program if the conduct negatively affects the victim’s educational experience or the overall campus environment.
Any person having inquiries concerning the application of Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 or other civil rights laws should contact the Title IX Coordinator.
EEO IS THE LAW
To read more about Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) please use the following links: