Administrative Project Coordinator, Boehly Center for Excellence in Finance
Present Position Number:
H0298WRole Code Title:
Admin & Office Specialist IIIPosition Title:
Administrative Project Coordinator, Boehly Center for Excellence in FinancePosition Summary:
The Boehly Center seeks an energetic, organized and dynamic individual to serve as the Administrative Project Coordinator who will support the Center’s mission of helping students with an interest in finance participate in the many sponsored programs and events that assist them in becoming truly career-ready and connected to world-class opportunities.
The Administrative Project Coordinator for the Boehly Center for Excellence in Finance will provide operational and logistical support to the Center by serving as the key point of contact for student run clubs, and Center events, trainings and programs. Additionally, the position’s roles and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
-Management support for Center’s four finance clubs and related activities,
-Designing and implementing application based programs and trainings, such as Training the Street and other technical trainings,
-Assisting with the Marketing of the Center and its sponsored activities, and
-Providing direct support for signature events/programs, such as the “From DoG to Wall”, Women’s Stock Pitch, and Leadership Summit, amongst others.
This position will work closely with other Boehly Center staff members to include the Executive Director, Associate Director of Strategic Engagement, Associate Director of Academic Engagement and post-bachelorette Fellows to support the development and implementation of the strategic vision for the Center. The Project Specialist/Coordinator will be a vital part of the Boehly team, helping to initiate and administer innovative programs designed to enhance student engagement and educational success.Required Qualifications:
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Experience in event/program/project coordination
• Strong organizational skills with the proven ability to manage multiple and competing priorities within specific deadlines
• Experience with coordinating logistics and handling details for events and meetings
• Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills to work effectively with diverse constituencies
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively
• Demonstrated innovative thinking, creativity, and problem solving
• Ability to analyze data and produce reports • Proficiency in a variety of software applications to include MS office Suite, social media, websites, etc.
• Demonstrated Customer service orientation
• Experience working in higher education
• Experience working with and supervising students
• Experience with Indesign and Canva or similar design programs
• Experience with Constant Contact, Mailchimp or similar newsletter and communication platforms
• Research and database experience
• Experience working with event related vendors (caterers, gifts, supplies, etc.)
• EMS, Chrome River, America-to-Go, Blackboard, Qualtrics, Wordpress, event registration system knowledge or experience
• Familiarity with general accounting, billing or fiscal procedures and processes, with strong mathematical computation skills
Up to $44,600 commensurate with experienceDepartment:
3L3200 Boehly Finance CenterLocation:
William & MaryUniversity Salary Range:
U06Job Open Date:
11/18/2020Review Begin Date:
12/04/2020Open Until Filled:
12-MonthConditions of Employment::
All hourly employees are subject to the limitations of the Virginia Manpower Control Program and total hours worked may not exceed, on average, 29 hours per week, over the course of a twelve month period beginning May 1 each year.
This is a non-exempt position, eligible to receive overtime in accordance with the Fair Labor Standards Act. This position may be subject to overtime during high peak times, etc. as directed and approved by the supervisor.
This is a restricted position subject to the availability of funding.EEO Statement:
William & Mary values diversity and invites applications from underrepresented groups who will enrich the research, teaching and service missions of the university. The university is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and encourages applications from women, minorities, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.Background Check Statement:
William & Mary is committed to providing a safe campus community. W&M conducts background investigations for applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include reference checks, a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial (credit) report or driving history check.