Career Connections Pathway Coordinator, Catto Scholarship
Career Connections Pathway Coordinator, Catto ScholarshipRequisition Number:
Reporting to the Director of Career Connections, and working closely with the Octavius Catto Scholarship leadership team, the Career Connections Pathway Coordinator is a member of a team of Coordinators that provides guidance and career-readiness coaching to students and alumni of the College based on their academic pathway/major and career goals, with a particular focus on supporting Octavius Catto Scholarship students. The position requires a high-level of interaction with students, faculty, staff, and employers, as well as the ability to exercise considerable initiative, collaboration and independent judgment. This position will also be responsible for supporting students in an assigned career pathway of the College. The Coordinator supports the department in maintaining and establishing key partnerships with employers throughout the City of Philadelphia and region to create internships, externships, career development and job opportunities for our students and alumni.Specific Responsibilities:
• In conjunction with the Director of Career Connections and the Executive and Associate Directors of the Catto Scholarship, identify appropriate career support activities for Catto Scholars and coordinate the Career Connections delivery of these supports.
• Facilitate and manage all career-readiness outreach activities and events for students and alumni for assigned academic pathways including program and event implementation and evaluation of activities and outcomes.
• Identify and connect with students in assigned academic pathways through classroom presentations, one-on-one coaching, faculty and staff, events and activities, etc., and assess student’s career-readiness and employment needs.
• Create and deliver career-readiness workshops for students in assigned academic pathways to ensure their preparation for hiring events, career fairs and employer-led activities and conduct follow-ups and assessments with students and employers in designated industries.
• Meet with students regularly and document interactions and follow-up activities to understand their job, career goals, career-readiness needs.
• Coordinate and facilitate employer engagement activities for students in designated academic pathways, such as; identifying industry related guest speakers, career fairs, employer site visits, job-shadow experiences, experiential learning opportunities and information sessions each semester.
• Serve as a facilitator for and between employers and students for designated academic pathways and industries.
• Assist the Director in the development of action plans to enhance employer and student engagement for assigned academic pathways based on the strategic plan goals for Career Connections.
• Coordinate, plan, and assist with the design of experiential learning opportunities with employer partners and faculty for assigned academic pathways.
• Utilize department career-readiness database systems to report, track, measure, and analyze outcomes and activities (12Twenty CSM, Big Interview, Virtual Job Shadow, etc.).
• Assist the Manager of Employer Partnerships with outreach and management of employers for on-campus events (on an as-needed basis) for industries related to assigned academic pathways.
• Coordinate and facilitate employer engagement activities each semester for designated academic pathways and analyze and report outcomes.
• In collaboration with the Manager of Employer Partnerships, advise employers on strategies for alerting students to opportunities for internships and jobs, and manage employer expectations for hiring events and recruitment process for designated academic pathways.
• Compile and analyze data on employer needs and results of employer-led events and collaborate with the Manager of Employer Partnerships to inform future employer engagement activities and recruitment outcomes with the College on behalf of our students.
• Assist the Director in creating policy and procedures to ensure the quality and integrity of career-readiness events and activities, internship development, and employer partner alignment.
• Collaborate with Career Connections staff to organize and set the annual departmental and employer events calendar, including all deadlines and processes.
• Perform other duties as assigned.Minimum Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree required. Any and all degrees must be from a recognized institutional accreditor.
• Two (2) years of relevant work experience, in areas such as student engagement, career counseling, job placement, etc. is required.
• Strong presentation skills and the ability to persuasively present workshops to students and employers.
• Strong student advocacy skills with a proven ability to work with a diverse population of students, employers, faculty, and colleagues.
• Strong communication skills required to clearly and effectively deliver information to internal and external audiences, and all levels of management.
• Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills required.
• Ability to work in a team environment and build cooperative relationships with a diverse group of individuals.
• Analytical, reasoning, and problem-solving skills required.
• Good organizational and time-management skills required.
• Demonstrated ability to follow-through on projects and tasks required.
• Demonstrated proficiency using MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required.
• Demonstrated professionalism required.
• An understanding of, and sensitivity to, the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds of community college staff and students required.Preferred Qualifications:
• Two (2) years of experience in a higher education or career services setting strongly preferred.
• Familiarity with career services-related software preferred.Work Location:
Main CampusSpecial Instructions to Applicants:
*Interested persons should complete an online application.
*Cover letter of interest and resume REQUIRED.
*Names and contact information of 3 professional references OPTIONAL
Review of applications will commence on December 2, 2020, and will continue until the position is filled.
Applicants must be legally eligible to work in the U.S.
Community College of Philadelphia is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity and Equal Access Employer. The College encourages applications from individuals from traditionally underrepresented groups.Salary Grade or Rank:
Salary commensurate with relevant experience.Job Posting Open Date:
11/18/2020Type of Position:
AdministratorEmployment Status :