Senior Associate Director, Admissions & Operations & Policy
Job location: Boca Raton
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2020-11-17
Apply now to join FAU on its race to excellence. For more information on everything FAU has to offer, please visit www.fau.edu/jobs. Position Summary:
The Office of Undergraduate Admissions is seeking a Senior Associate Director, Admissions & Operations & Policy.
This position provides leadership, supervision, IT consultation and task assignments for all Undergraduate Admissions areas involved in the processing of undergraduate applications including evaluations, and residency. This includes direct and indirect supervision for 12 full-time staff.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Admissions Database Systems & Policy
- Assists the Director in enhancing the use of technology/systems in office functions towards the goal of optimizing staff productivity and procedural effectiveness to ensure accuracy and efficiency.
- Assist the Director in the integration and operation of student information systems and CRM solutions for the department of Undergraduate Admissions.
- Utilizes and applies advanced information technologies in recruitment, to plan, perform and analyze customer relationship management, database management, data analysis and campaign development within an Admissions environment.
- Produce routine reports related to operations, projections, personal schedule, travel, special programs, and professional development. This may require querying database systems using SQL and other reporting tools.
- Devise tools which aid in troubleshooting data quality control and correcting problems to maintain data integrity.
- Working with FAU Public Affairs, maintain Admissions department website, requiring some knowledge of HTML.
- Work with Office of Information Technology (OIT) to manage operational tickets that directly impact staff ability to perform work tasks and the customer service experience applicants receive.
- Understand and enforce all FL Board of Governors, State University System and Florida Atlantic University policies and procedures related to the admission of undergraduate students at FAU.
- Work with OIT, Institutional Effectiveness and Analysis (IEA), and other stakeholders on FL BOG reports each term in enrollment cycle.
- Use CRM and other custom tools to write and develop reports.
- Use SQL to write custom queries for student listings.
- Ensure an efficient and effective admission process utilizing Banner, Workday Student, Highland OnBase, Crystal Reports, Power BI, Salesforce, and other related databases.
- Represent the Office of Admissions on appropriate committees and or task force(s).
- Train staff on best practices and new technologies to be used in evaluation and processing.
- Perform process analysis for CRM campaigns, quality-assurance testing, data analysis, business intelligence reporting, campaign management and correlated communication flows.
Operations & Evaluation
- Provide leadership to the processing of student’s transcripts, test scores, letters, waivers, phone calls, application fees and tuition deposits, data entry, scanning, and validation.
- Provide leadership with the Directors and Executive Director of Undergraduate Admission, as well as other enrollment management departments and academic units, in the execution of application evaluation and enrollment plans.
- Direct and manage the evaluation of all applications: freshmen, early admits, athletes, transfers, international, Executive Education, returning students, veterans and second bachelors.
- Provide leadership for all communications with applicants and admitted students via phone, email campaigns, and direct mail.
- Manage escalated problems/issues from all areas of the office as needed.
- Maintain daily contact with University Departments, prospective students, parents, high school officials, and frequent contact with other universities and colleges to troubleshoot and provide effective solutions.
- Develop and monitor statistical reports to enhance recruitment strategies, yield, forecasting and operational efficiency.
- Provide direction to international admission/residency to ensure operational activities within the office are streamlined and productive.
- In consultation with Assistant Director of Marketing, create messaging and identify selected populations for direct mail, email campaigns, and other recruitment communications, using the department CMS, to support the strategic enrollment plan.
- Conduct performance reviews and provide constructive feedback to all staff.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential to success in this position.
Must be proficient in Microsoft Office programs such as Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel.
Must also have excellent customer service, organizational and time management skills.Salary:$55,000 - $65,000College or Department:Undergraduate AdmissionsLocation:Boca RatonWork Days and Hours:Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Some nights and weekends.Application Deadline: 2020-12-01-08:00Special Instructions to Applicant: Individuals with disabilities requiring accommodation, please call 561-297-3057. 711
Final candidate will be required to have official, sealed transcripts and original NACES evaluation, if applicable, sent from their educational institution to Human Resources prior to the start of employment.
Successful completion of a background check, which may include a motor vehicle check, credit check, fingerprinting or additional screening, is required for the selected candidate prior to the start date.
A resume and a cover letter are required for this position. Make sure to attach these required documents in the Attachments section of the application. Any missing required documents may result in disqualification.