Faculty, Educational Leadership (Open Rank)
The University of Texas Permian Basin (UTPB), Department of Educational Leadership, invites applicants for the position of an Assistant/Associate/Full Professor of Educational Leadership (tenure-earning). Duties include teaching graduate courses leading to certification of graduates as Texas school principals and superintendents as well as supervision of leadership practica and related field-based experiences. Assistant/Associate/Full Professors in the UTPB College of Education have advising responsibilities and are required to engage in scholarly research and service to the program, department, college, and university. The selected candidate will also work collaboratively with a cohort of departmental faculty in the development of a new Doctor of Education program in Educational Leadership and must be capable of teaching at the doctoral level and supervising dissertation research.
Additional responsibilities include developing grant proposals and directing funded projects; developing of university/school/community partnerships; and providing service to the community, school districts, agencies, and professional organizations. Faculty credentials must meet university requirements for classification as UTPB graduate faculty, which will include teaching of courses at the master’s, post-master’s, and doctoral levels and maintaining meaningful scholarly activity. Teaching assignments include but are not limited to on-line courses.
The position will begin Fall 2021; however, an earlier start may be possible.
• Doctoral degree in Educational Leadership or closely related field from an accredited university. ABDs will be considered if successful defense of their dissertation is anticipated before the first date of appointment
• Potential for/demonstrated excellence in teaching ability and scholarly promise (commensurate with rank)
• Commitment to supporting departmental efforts to update existing and develop new courses as appropriate to departmental needs
• Direct experience and/or commitment to teaching and working with students from diverse populations, including underserved populations and first generation students, in consonance with the university’s mission as a Hispanic serving institution (HSI)
• At least two (2) years of leadership experience in the PK-12 setting at the level of assistant principal or higher
• Expertise with distance education delivery and Learning Management Systems and the ability to teach in online and in blended learning environments
• Willingness to conduct and publish high-quality research and engage in grant writing
• Willingness to be a team player focused on supporting new initiatives and partnerships in the College of Education
• Demonstrated excellent oral and written communication skills with an appropriate understanding of the needs of the audience and appropriate professionalism
• Interest in the professional and personal growth of students
• A genuine spirit of study necessary to maintain currency in one’s academic field
• The ability to successfully pass a criminal background check
• State-certified or the ability to become certified as a principal/superintendent
• At least 3-5 years of experience in district level leadership at the level of assistant superintendent or higher
• Specialization in one of more of the follow areas: social justice, ethics, finance, and leading with instructional technology
• College level teaching experience with experience teaching in doctoral programs
• Potential for/demonstrated record of obtaining external funding (commensurate with rank); and
• Demonstrated experience in innovation within the field of educational leadership
The University offers an excellent compensation package which includes a broad range of employee benefits including free health insurance (employee only) as well as a generous retirement program. We invite you to learn more at www.utpb.edu.
HOW TO APPLY:
All applicants must submit a UTPB electronic application in order to be considered. Link to job posting at the UTPB Careers site: https://utpb.peopleadmin.com/postings/2857.
Please include all required documents with your submission.
Unofficial transcripts of all college work are acceptable for purposes of the application. Official transcripts are required upon hire and before of letter of appointment may be issued.
The University of Texas of the Permian Basin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Women and underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.
UTPB participates in e-Verify.