Graduate Nursing Program Director
Job Title: Graduate Nursing Program Director
Location: Clayton State University
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 222100
Located 15 miles southeast of downtown Atlanta, Clayton State University offers employees a diverse environment which fosters both professional and personal development. The university is committed to cultivating an environment of engaged, experienced-based learning, enriched by active community service. Clayton State offers multiple Bachelor and Master Degree programs which currently enrolls over 6,900 students in challenging campus and on-line courses.
The campus is situated just 20 minutes from downtown Atlanta on 214 beautiful acres, making access to the metropolitan area a breeze. We’ve been named a Top Workplace in Atlanta by the Atlanta-Journal Constitution for six consecutive years. And we also were named one of 79 higher education institutions across the nation in The Chronicle of Higher Education’s list of 2017 Great Colleges to Work For.
- Be a model of excellence in training graduate students
- Serve as liaison between the graduate program, the college, and the School of Graduate Studies
- Serve and participate as member of Graduate Affairs Committee (GAC) and present concerns and topics for discussion
- Attend GAC meetings
- Organize and lead program meetings on a regular basis
- Facilitate discussion among program faculty concerning future curriculum needs in the program
- Maintain the overall academic integrity of the graduate degree program
- Update program’s curriculum when needed
- Prepare relevant program and student learning outcomes
- Complete annual progress reports for program and student learning outcomes
- Participate in annual academic program assessment and review
- Collaborate with other Graduate Program Directors to identify opportunities of interdisciplinary benefit (i.e., joint programs, cross-disciplinary courses, etc.).
- Making recommendations and facilitating the hiring of graduate assistants
- Keeps graduate students and faculty informed of current deadline dates and policies of the School of Graduate Studies
- Doctoral degree (PhD or DNP) in nursing or related fieldProven track record of scholarship and publishing making them eligible for appointments as associate or full professorGraduate teaching experience in a Family Nurse Practitioner Program strongly preferredCurrently certified as a Family Nurse PractitionerExperience in a practice role
- Doctorate degree in Nursing or related fieldCurrently certified as a Family Nurse PractitionerMaster of Science degree in NursingPreferred - Prior experience teaching MSN students with a concentration in the Family Nurse Practitioner Program Eligibility for or current Georgia licenseFinal candidates must undergo a Criminal Background CheckExperience in a practice roleIf seeking a tenured or tenure-eligible position, has an established area of researchDemonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student environment or commitment to do so as a faculty member at CSU
For more information or questions about a job posting, please contact the Department of Human Recourses at (678) 466-4230, or by email at [email protected].
For technical support, please call the Shared Services Center at (877) 251-2644 or [email protected].Conditions of Employment
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with Clayton State University, as determined by Clayton State University in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.
Offers are made expressly subject to the applicable federal and state laws, to the statutes, rules and regulations of this institution and to the Bylaws and Policies of the Board of Regents (BOR) of the University System of Georgia (USG), which are available for your inspection upon request.
Clayton State University is an equal employment, equal access, and equal educational opportunity and affirmative action institution. It is the policy of the University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to race, color, national or ethnical origin, age, disability, gender, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or veteran status as required by applicable state and federal laws (including Title VI, Title VII, Title IX, Sections 503, and 504, AREA, ADA, E.O. 11246, and Rev. Proc. 75-50). Clayton State University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Institution. For questions or more detailed information regarding this policy please contact the Clayton State University Office of Human Resources at (678) 466-4230. Individuals requiring disability related accommodations for participation in any event or to obtain print materials in an alternative format, please contact the Disability Resource Center at: (678) 466-5445.Special Applicant Instructions To Apply: Please submit a cover letter, curriculum vitae, copy of RN license, copy of FNP certification, official transcripts from all degree granting institutions attended, and the names and full contact information of three references.