DePaul University is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information or any other legally protected status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local EEO laws.
The Senior Accountant will manage accounting processes, oversee accounting transactions for assigned areas and assist with the university's month and year-end close process, including preparation and review of journal entries, account reconciliations, financial statements, trial balances, and other reports. They will work directly with and supervise 1 to 2 staff accountants. They will provide technical accounting assistance and assist with external audits.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Assists with the university's month and year-end close process including preparation and review of journal entries, account reconciliations, trial balances, financial statements, and other reports.
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts as assigned and review reconciliations performed by staff accountants.
- Mentor and train staff accountants and student interns.
- Address and respond to ad-hoc management requests and other items from university personnel regarding financial questions/issues.
- Complete technical accounting research and produces white papers to assist with decision making on unique, complex financial transactions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting.
- 4+ years experience in Audit.
- 2+ years supervisory experience.
- Proficiency with FASB ASC, Advanced knowledge of GAAP and COSO frameworks, AICPA audit standards.
- CPA license.
You may upload other attachments (Transcripts, Portfolios, Writing samples) in the “My Activities” tab of your profile.