Student Central Specialist - Marketing
Overview and Responsibilities
The Student Central Specialist – Marketing is primarily responsible for creating student-facing graphic design, marketing, and social media content which contributes to the goal of creating a positive environment to encourage current student participation and engagement on campus (approximately 50% of overall responsibilities). In addition to coordination of day-to-day functions related to Student Central, this position will assist with special projects, training, process/procedure documentation, and will provide coverage to the team as a Student Central Representative during peak times. This position reports to the Director of Student Central.
- Must be able to perform all duties in Student Central Representative job description, which provides frontline support to students in the areas of academic advising, admissions, cashiering, financial aid, and records and registration.
- Oversee daily customer flow of Student Central walk-in and call center. Monitor Cisco call queue, walk-in activity, and emails to adjust staffing needs and rotation as appropriate.
- Create and maintain Student Central training manual and materials.
- Conduct Student Central training sessions as appropriate.
- Serve as a mentor and coach for staff, model professionalism on the job.
- Identify and report training issues, and determine how to share information with specialist team.
- Handle escalated calls and inquiries.
- Serve as back-up if Director of Student Central is not available.
- Serve as a college liaison to promote services provided by Student Central through presentations and regular communication efforts.
- Create internal student-facing marketing that informs, entertains and engages current students.
- Create and design images to be used for internal student engagement purposes.
- Create documents with graphics to be used across a wide variety of mediums and platforms that include:
- MyCVTC student home page
- print (event posters, flyers, brochures)
- social media (Student Central Facebook and Instagram)
- campus hallway plasma screens
- Create and maintain Sharepoint webpages which engage current students (including MyCVTC Knowledge Base related to Enrollment Services).
- Provide direction to Student Central social media team by overseeing team planning calendar, assigning posts to team members, and leading monthly meetings.
- Oversee special projects as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Skills utilizing Canva, Sharepoint and Adobe Creative Cloud.
- Ability to analyze processes and procedures, problem solve, and think critically.
- Ability to model integrity through self-awareness, personal accountability, ethical behavior, quality standards, and sustainable practices.
- Ability to think critically by applying problem solving practices, acquiring relevant information, using technology and other resources appropriately, and evaluating alternatives.
- Ability to communicate effectively by speaking and writing clearly, concisely, and professionally; practicing active listening; reading critically and adapting communication for audience.
- Ability to value diversity by recognizing personal biases, adapting to culturally diverse situations, and demonstrating a commitment to equity, inclusion, and respectful interactions with persons of diverse ethnic, cultural, social-economic, or educational backgrounds.
- Intermediate knowledge of and skills with technology including software programs for communication, data collection, and decision making including, but not limited to, Microsoft Office Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Associate degree in Business Management, Graphic Design, Marketing, or related field required, Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of two years’ experience in a customer service or professional office setting required.
- Experience in graphic arts required.
- Experience with project management and development preferred.
Note: To be considered for this position, you are asked to include samples of your graphic design and marketing content work as a part of your application documents. Please upload these samples in the ‘Application Documents’ section of your profile under ‘Certifications and/or Additional Attachments’.
The maximum size allowed for a single document is 5 MB. If your document is larger than this, you may want to consider dividing it into two (or more) documents or uploading a document with a link to your samples.
In evaluating candidates for this position, the College may consider a combination of education, training, and experience which provides the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities to perform duties of position.As an equal opportunity/access employer and educator, CVTC is committed to creating and sustaining a diverse and inclusive environment. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.Benefits Summary
- Health insurance for employee, spouse, and dependents with attached Health Savings Account (HSA) and wellness incentive
- Dental insurance for employee, spouse, and dependents
- Life and long-term disability insurance
- Wisconsin Retirement System (WRS)
- 403(b) tax deferred annuity program
- 457(b) deferred compensation plan
- Section 125 flexible spending accounts
- Paid vacation, personal, and sick time
- Paid holidays
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Tuition reimbursement (eligibility requirements apply)
- Professional development
Generally, with the exception of tuition reimbursement, benefits eligibility begins on the first date of employment (i.e., there is no waiting period).
CVTC does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age in its programs and activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the college's non-discrimination policies: Director of Human Resources, 620 W. Clairemont Avenue, Eau Claire, WI 54701, 715-833-6334, WI Relay: 711