Job no: 494281
Work type: Non-Classified/Professional
Location: Boise, ID
Categories: Accounting, Administration and Business Operations
Advertised: November 17, 2020
Applications close: December 06, 2020
Boise State University, powered by creativity and innovation, stands uniquely positioned in the Northwest as a metropolitan research university of distinction. Learn more about Boise State and the City of Boise at https://www.boisestate.edu/about/boise-and-beyond/. Boise State University is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, staff, students, and academic program offerings and to strengthening sensitivity to diversity throughout the institution. Boise State University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, and members of historically underrepresented groups are especially encouraged to apply. We are a welcoming campus that supports diversity and inclusion.Job Summary/Basic Function:
Develop and maintain records, documents, and financial data that encompasses a variety of financial activities typically including: budget, payroll and benefits, accounts payable/receivable, accounts reconciliation, travel, purchasing and similar supporting functions. Perform professional accounting work and other duties as assigned.Level Scope:
Entry-level professional with limited or no prior experience to contribute on a project or work team. Incumbent learns to use professional concepts to resolve problems of limited scope and complexity under close supervision while achieving day-to-day objectives. Works on developmental assignments initially routine in nature, requiring limited judgment and decision making. This level is typically focused on self-development. Requires theoretical knowledge through specific education and training.Essential Functions:
60% of Time the Accountant Associate must:
● Research and analyze data for accuracy and to ensure appropriate accounting procedures have been followed for compliance with Federal and State laws and university policy. Prepare and process journal entries as assigned.
● Audit, analyze, and verify fiscal records and reports. Prepare financial and statistical reports, reconcile general ledger accounts and assist in preparing annual budgets. Maintains complex spreadsheets.
● Responsible for items such as, developing and monitoring annual budgets, supporting the management and implementation of financial systems, generating and analyzing financial reports and developing processes and procedures to comply with State and Federal laws.
This position will be integral to ensuring the effective maintenance and recording of the University’s fixed assets and depreciation calculations.
Specific duties include:
• Reviewing purchases to determine if transactions are coded correctly and properly tagged and recorded in the Oracle ERP fixed asset module.
• Reconciliation between the fixed asset module and the general ledger, process journal entry corrections in a timely and accurate manner.
• Reporting and data entry in Oracle ERP fixed asset module.
• Develop and maintain processes of communication with outside departments to ensure complete resolution of outstanding items, provide documentation of all corrections and answer questions.
• Testing and analyzing results for upgrades and patch sets of the Fixed Asset module in the Oracle ERP. Assist with troubleshooting and implementing updates and corrections.
• Cultivate excellent working relationships which are critical to troubleshooting system problems and providing exceptional customer service.
● Strong analytical and problem solving skills
● Strong knowledge of customer service principles
● Attention to detail
● Ability to dependably meet goals in a timely and accurate fashion and work well under periods of pressure
● Demonstrated skill in multi-level spreadsheet development and manipulation
● Maintain a professional attitude amidst difficult and stressful times and demonstrate a sense of ethics while performing daily tasks
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experiencePreferred Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- General ledger reconciliations – 1 -2 years
- Fixed asset accounting – 1 – 2 years
Salary starting at $40,851, commensurate with experience. Boise State University is committed to offering a benefits package that provides health and financial protection plans as well as resources to promote health and well-being. Our program provides flexibility so you can choose the benefits that are right for you and your family. Learn more about our benefit options at https://hrs.boisestate.edu/benefits/.Required Application Materials:
Cover letter and resume.