Job location: JD Alexander Florida Polytechnic Main Campus
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2020-11-17
Located along Florida’s I-4 High Tech Corridor, Florida Poly opened its doors in August 2014 as the state’s 12th university and the only one dedicated to core subjects in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM education). The non-traditional academic environment focuses on applied learning, specifically in technology and engineering. Small class sizes give faculty the opportunity to work closely with high-caliber students, and the most advanced technology, including a Supercomputer, 3D printing lab, media lab and nanotechnology lab, sets Florida Poly apart from other state universities. Florida Poly’s innovative approach to higher education allows students to learn strong fundamentals within a traditional university department structure, while giving them opportunities to apply their learning through research and projects in emerging high-tech concentrations like Cyber Security, Big Data Analytics, Machine Intelligence and more. The University partners closely with industry leading firms, and faculty members are rewarded for more than just publishing. Industry involvement, problem solving, and the commercialization of technology and research through start-ups and small businesses are encouraged. Job Title Assistant Librarian Job Description Summary Job Summary
This position supports both library and research services for the campus. Working with the FL Poly Collections Advisory Committee, Department Chairpersons and Faculty, this position configures and delivers library services for the University. The Assistant Librarian provides guidance for, and in some cases delivery of library programming, manages library access services including usage of access tools, provides guidance on literature searches for faculty and students, and facilitates individual performance of literature searches and use of bibliographic tools for the campus. The Assistant Librarian focuses on research collaboration with Florida Poly students and faculty, with an emphasis on access services and high-impact research. Job Description
Duties and responsibilities
- Supports the University Library in all library services including:
- Library user experience
- Back-end support of library systems
- Research support for faculty and staff
- Access services, including resource discovery and resource management
- Course reserves
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of how to implement and update library tools ranging from databases to integrated library system
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated success in engaging with colleagues across the university and beyond in a collaborative and constructive fashion
- Familiarity with trends in systematic reviews, applicable tools for systematic reviews, research impact software and tools
- Ability to provide direction regarding the use of library sources in support of coursework and research proposals and programs
- Proven personal initiative, problem-solving skills and customer service etiquette
- Disposition and proven work ethic to handle busy work cycles that might include evenings and weekends
- Willingness to work at multiple locations
- Master’s degree in Library Science from an ALA-accredited program required.
- Strong teaching and technical skills.
- Proven experience in development of supplemental instructional materials.
- Proven experience working with research projects or grant funding projects.
APPLICATION PROCESS: All Applicants are required to upload the following documents (combine all documents in one file if possible, 5MB max or five attachments):
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter
Required Licenses, Certifications, and/or other Specific Requirements of Law
- This position requires a background check, which may include a level II screening as required by the Florida Statute §435.04
- This position is subject to federal and state privacy regulations.
Special working conditions cover a range of circumstances from regular evening and weekend work, shift work, working outdoors, working with challenging clients, and so forth.
This is a Nine Month appointment with the full-time working period aligned with that of the faculty. Benefits follow the benefits of the faculty. Summer work may be available and will be compensated in the manner for compensating summer for the faculty in the summer.
Special Instructions Regarding Attachments:
Required attachments are listed on each posting. Please be sure to attach all required documents in the Resume/CV field before continuing through the application. Once your application has been submitted, no changes may be made and additional attachments will not be considered.
An unofficial copy of the degree/transcript is acceptable during the application process. For positions requiring a degree, the official transcripts are required upon hire.
Foreign Transcript: Transcripts issued outside of the United States require a equivalency statement from a certified transcript evaluation service verifying the degree equivalency to that of an accredited institution within the USA. This report must be attached with the application and submitted by the application deadline.
All document(s) must be received on or before the closing date of the job announcements.This position requires a background check, which may include a level II screening as required by the Florida Statute §435.04.