Student Programs Coordinator
Job location: JD Alexander Florida Polytechnic Main Campus
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2020-11-17
Located along Florida’s I-4 High Tech Corridor, Florida Poly opened its doors in August 2014 as the state’s 12th university and the only one dedicated to core subjects in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM education). The non-traditional academic environment focuses on applied learning, specifically in technology and engineering. Small class sizes give faculty the opportunity to work closely with high-caliber students, and the most advanced technology, including a Supercomputer, 3D printing lab, media lab and nanotechnology lab, sets Florida Poly apart from other state universities. Florida Poly’s innovative approach to higher education allows students to learn strong fundamentals within a traditional university department structure, while giving them opportunities to apply their learning through research and projects in emerging high-tech concentrations like Cyber Security, Big Data Analytics, Machine Intelligence and more. The University partners closely with industry leading firms, and faculty members are rewarded for more than just publishing. Industry involvement, problem solving, and the commercialization of technology and research through start-ups and small businesses are encouraged. Job Title Student Programs Coordinator Job Description Summary SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Reporting directly to the Vice Provost for Student Affairs, this position supports academic and student affairs teams in the facilitation, management and administration of university-based, campus wide, affinity-focused student groups and programs. Assisting the vice provosts of student affairs, admissions and financial aid, and academic affairs, this role coordinates and guides University supported student groups in their development, organization, logistics, competitions, and structure. The incumbent’s goal is to fulfill Academic Affairs vision to provide opportunities for students to connect with others who share aspects of their talent, shared experience, identity, and aspirations as they earn, share and exude teamwork, perseverance, school pride, self-awareness, respect, and openness that will represent their group and the university to positively influence the campus culture in support of the mission of Florida Polytechnic University. Job Description
- Works with the Vice Provosts and their teams to coordinate new and existing university supported affinity groups.
- Coordinates campus affinity groups and works with faculty members, coaches and staff to support practice, competitions, events and group organizational needs.
- Facilitates the development of community within each group, the development of teamwork, group and self-responsibility and accountability to each other, and strong character values and the encouragement of self-discipline and time management for group and individual academic success.
- Manages the travel and schedules for affinity groups.
- Identifies, organizes, procures quality spirit wear and uniforms for affinity groups
- Ensures that affinity groups have the equipment, resources and necessary campus space available and appropriately scheduled.
- Supports Orientation each semester.
- In concert with the vice provosts, ensures affinity group branding, marketing and stories are developed against national benchmarks, shared in a variety of media channels for regional and national recognition.
- Participates in the life of the university by attending and participating in group and discipline meetings. Works with the faculty in the development of degree-appropriate big build groups in academic affairs and supports enrollment management initiatives for the recruitment of new students for each group.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must be organized, a self-starter, high energy, student-focused, strong communication skills and awareness, and able to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the student experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of Student Affairs.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of university Admissions.
- Knowledge of current NCAA, NCCS, NACE and other university-related rules and regulations.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Experience working a college or university environment.
APPLICATION PROCESS: In addition to completing the online application, all Applicants are required to upload the following as an attachment to the application (preferably in PDF format):
• Cover Letter
• List of at least three (3) professional references (names and contact information)
REQUIRED LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, AND/OR OTHER SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS OF LAW:
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- This position requires a criminal background check, which may include a Level II screening as required by Florida Statute §435.04.
- This position is subject to federal and state privacy regulations.
NORMAL WORK SCHEDULE: This position is non-exempt. The normal work schedule is Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m., however, occasional overtime (weekends and evenings) may be required.
TARGET HIRING SALARY: $17.32/hr. - $20.78/hr., commensurate with experience.
APPLICATION DEADLINE DATE: The position is open until filled, however review of applications will commence immediately.
Special Instructions Regarding Attachments:
Required attachments are listed on each posting. Please be sure to attach all required documents in the Resume/CV field before continuing through the application. Once your application has been submitted, no changes may be made and additional attachments will not be considered.
An unofficial copy of the degree/transcript is acceptable during the application process. For positions requiring a degree, the official transcripts are required upon hire.
Foreign Transcript: Transcripts issued outside of the United States require a equivalency statement from a certified transcript evaluation service verifying the degree equivalency to that of an accredited institution within the USA. This report must be attached with the application and submitted by the application deadline.
All document(s) must be received on or before the closing date of the job announcements.This position requires a background check, which may include a level II screening as required by the Florida Statute §435.04.