Administrative Program Support 1
Search #: 494888
Work type: Full-time
Location: Storrs Campus
Categories: Administrative Services
This position provides support to the Department of Nutritional Sciences in fulfilling its mission of Teaching, Extension and Research. The Administrative Program Support 1 provides responsible administrative support as well as support for programs in the Department of Nutritional Sciences.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide administrative support and assistance to faculty, staff and students in departmental programs, including MS in Personalized Nutrition program, Joint MD/PhD in Nutrition program, and DPD program
- Organize and maintain electronic databases, student and departmental records which include confidential information; archive and coordinate storage and destruction of departmental files according to State’s Record Retention Disposition Schedule
- Respond to prospective student inquiries for programs, provide information to students regarding academic forms and department policies and procedures
- Work with faculty on course schedule revisions and timely submission of course schedule revisions to registrar
- Act as a resource to the public and assist with recruiting activities
- Serve as the primary departmental resource providing ongoing guidance to faculty, staff and students in all matters pertaining to purchasing and receiving
- Maintain inventory and service maintenance contracts for departmental equipment such as copiers, freezers and water purification systems; process inventory documentation for proper disposal of surplus
- Review automatic billings for accuracy, resolve errors and discrepancies, and process cash deposits in accordance with policies
- Assist with development and placement of promotional material and advertisements online and in print ensuring compliance with University branding standards; regularly update content on the department’s social media accounts (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn) and contribute and publish content to social media outlets
- Update and maintain departmental website; draft and/or compose new content for departmental website independently or in collaboration with designated individuals or subject matter experts and various internal units or organizations
- Serve as the primary departmental resource providing ongoing guidance and assistance to faculty, staff and students in all matters pertaining to University-required travel; coordinate travel arrangements for visitors and process reimbursements for visitor travel
- Maintain calendars for seminar and meeting rooms; schedule meetings for Department Head. Assist with arrangements for events, catering, room reservations and pre-approvals. Process honoraria for guest speakers
- Assist with the planning and execution of the annual academic, research and alumni relations events of the Department
This is a full-time, 12 month, UCPEA staff position. The University offers an outstanding benefits package, including employee and dependent tuition waivers at UConn, and a highly desirable work environment.
Please apply online at https://hr.uconn.edu/jobs, Staff Positions, Search #494888 to upload a resume, cover letter, and contact information for three (3) professional references.
Employment of the successful candidate is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check.
This job posting is scheduled to be removed at 11:55 p.m. Eastern time on December 2, 2020.
All employees are subject to adherence to the State Code of Ethics which may be found at http://www.ct.gov/ethics/site/default.asp.
The University of Connecticut is committed to building and supporting a multicultural and diverse community of students, faculty and staff. The diversity of students, faculty and staff continues to increase, as does the number of honors students, valedictorians and salutatorians who consistently make UConn their top choice. More than 100 research centers and institutes serve the University’s teaching, research, diversity, and outreach missions, leading to UConn’s ranking as one of the nation’s top research universities. UConn’s faculty and staff are the critical link to fostering and expanding our vibrant, multicultural and diverse University community. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer, UConn encourages applications from women, veterans, people with disabilities and members of traditionally underrepresented populations.
Advertised: Nov 18 2020 Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Dec 02 2020 Eastern Standard Time