College of Arts and SciencesDepartment:
La Verne Central CampusJob Description:
The University of La Verne is a private not-for-profit university founded in 1891 located in La Verne, California. The core values that we live by are Ethical Reasoning, Diversity and Inclusivity, Lifelong Learning and Community and Civic Engagement.
If you’re passionate about these values, join us at the University of La Verne!
The Department of Kinesiology invites applications for adjunct faculty positions to teach Fitness for Life courses.
Fitness for Life is an introduction to the basic concepts of health and wellness, emphasizing the physiological principles and benefits of exercise. It will include a section on establishing guidelines for lifelong physical fitness. It provides a basis for appreciating the value of physical exercise and its relationship to life-long social, physical, and psychological development in both the individual as well as in others. Special emphasis on nutrition and healthy eating.Required Qualifications:
- Master’s Degree
- 3 years of college experience teaching Fitness for Life Classes
Below is a list of benefits and perks offered to Adjunct Faculty:
- Benefit Hub (discount perks)
- Free Parking
- Adjunct Faculty Development Funds
- Staff discounted lunches at the Spot
- 10% off discount at the University of La Verne Bookstore and Graphics
- Tuition Remission (Senior Adjuncts)
- Contribution Retirement Plan (must meet hours) for Mandatory – Voluntary Contribution at anytime
- Medical (must meet hours)
- Utilize services offered at CTL and the wellness center.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion and clearance of a background check and employment verification.
La Verne is Tier 1 in U.S. News 2017 “America’s Best Colleges” National University rankings for the seventh straight year, and again made Forbes “America’s Top Colleges” rating (WASC Accredited).Posting Number:
AF048PJob Open Date:
11/18/2020Open Until Filled: