Manager of Technology Services - Registrar and Student Accounts Support Services
Manager of Technology Services - Registrar and Student Accounts Support ServicesPosition Type:
100%Job Description Summary:
The Manager of Technology Services, Student Accounts and Registrar Support Services is a member of the Office of the Registrar and Office of Student Accounts management team, providing leadership and strategic vision for the use of technology in the associated offices. In consultation with the Registrar and the Executive Director of Budget and Student Financial Services. this position has oversight of the University Student Data Base. This is inclusive of the Banner tables, forms, and Degree Works SureCode. This includes maintaining all documentation and testing of upgrades and implementation of new applications. This position is responsible for conducting business research on behalf of the Office of the Registrar and Student Accounts, and represent the office at external conferences and events as well as participate in on-campus committees regarding any of the technology applications utilized by the university community. Provide leadership and be a power user of Banner, Degree Works, National Student Clearinghouse, Comtronics, ECSI and S24/R25 applications. This position is responsible for making decision regarding the maintenance and creation of end-user guidelines for technology currently used in the departments. To make recommendations and creating implementation plans for the incorporation of new technology and ensure data security. Must be able to create adhoc Microsoft Access and COGNOS reports at the request of the Office of the Registrar Management Team, Student Accounts/Budget Team or the Office of the Provost. Create and run on a regular basis reports to identify data integrity issues. The monitoring and the data clean-up is a critical component of this job as the university moves to producing analytics and predictive reports.
The University of La Verne is a private not-for-profit university founded in 1891 located in La Verne, California. The core values that we live by are Ethical Reasoning, Diversity and Inclusivity, Lifelong Learning, and Community and Civic Engagement.
If you’re passionate about these values, join us at the University of La Verne!Specific Duties:
- Provide leadership and vision for the potential uses of technology within the Office of the Registrar and Student Accounts. This person is the expert resource for all technological functions within the department and how those functions impact university wide systems.
- Research and develop new approaches to technical processes in the Office of the Registrar and Student Accounts with the goal of creating more efficiency and improving the level of data integrity and service for the University community.
- Make recommendation and develop implementation plans for the automation of Registrar processes as dictated by the research.
- Research and make recommendations on the use of Banner Student, Banner A/R and other related software applications for the Office of the Registrar and Student Accounts * Represent the Office of the Registrar and Student Accounts at technology conferences and other external networking and research opportunities
- Work with OIT to develop customized forms in Banner and additional workflows.
- Write and update documentation to support the technical processes in Banner including BDMS (Banner Document Management System)
- Oversee Banner General and Banner Student upgrades along with Degree Works. Provide the structure to test all processes for all upgrades and be able to provide written verification of testing.
- Maintain critical tables and forms in Banner and Degree Works. This includes development and updating of all documentation.
- Maintains the Gainful Employment Banner form to ensure currency with catalog changes and financial aid compliance.
- Oversees the submission of data to the National Student Clearinghouse is correct and timely. This is inclusive of periodic review and update of the script written to extract data from Banner for NSC.
- Will back up the Technical Specialists for Enrollment Verifications to submit NSC data in the case he/she is unable to submit the data in a timely manner. Responsible for the implementation of new processes affecting Banner A/R users and the maintenance of the application university wide. In addition to Banner A/R, this position must maintain the following systems: Cashnet (Payment Gateway), FormFusion (e-bills), Debtmaster (Collections), Workflow, and Cognos reports as they relate to A/R.
- Develop and monitor data integrity standards for all student related data. This includes writing reports and documentation.
- Develop data integrity, quality assurance and productivity reports that can be used to improve business practices within the Office of the Registrar and Student Accounts.
- Works with OIT to ensure all data pulled for the data warehouse is up to date and accurate. Must have an understanding of SQL (Sequel). To understand the logic.
- Identifies and problem solves how erroneous data is being created.
- Assist the Assistant Registrar for Curriculum and Sytems, Associate Registrar and the Technical Assistant for Enrollment to train those who have responsibility to update student data. Assist the Student Accounts System’s Analyst in developing regular training materials, sessions and trains students and staff on how to use Banner INB, Banner Self -Service (web), Cashnet, and ECSI. Provides support to university wide users of Banner A/R
- Assist with data clean-up when necessary.
- Work with the Office of Institutional Research, Provost, Dean and others to define data elements and the are being used/defined to ensure consistency. Usage of a data dictionary will be critical.
- Write reports at the request of university officials for non-aggregated student information. Be able to write reports using populations selections, Cognos, Microsoft Access Prepares and runs month and end year end Accounts Receivable processes and reports for interim and yearly audits. • Writes reports at the request of university officials for aggregated student data that are considered adhoc reports or those not included in Campus Labs • Work with the Registrar’s Office Management team to coordinate the production of reports as needed for commencement and other events.
- Collaborates with the Office of Student Accounts on the production and mailing of the 1098-T tax forms.
- Works with the Office of the Registrar Management Team to create interactive on-line forms that will be utilized by faculty and students. Works with the Office of Student Accounts Management Team to create interactive on-line forms that will by utilized by staff and students.
Supervision and Training:
- Training Registrar and Student Accounts Staff on correct usage of technology inclusive of the Microsoft Word Suite.
- Oversee procedures development for the use of Banner and other software applications within the department. This is inclusive of a training manual on general set-up and usage of an application.
- Provides exemplary customer service to the University Community
- As member of the management team, the incumbent also contributes to all commencement events and activities related to operational activities.
- Other Task as assigned by the Executive Director of Student Financial Services, Registrar, Associate Registrar
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field
- Must have minimum 3 years of experience working with large data base administration
- Must have minimum 3 years of experience working within an organization with responsibility to interpret policy and/or procedures
- Must have minimum 5 years of experience working within an organization and can demonstrate increased responsibilities using technology
- 2 years of demonstrated increased management or supervision experience
- Must have knowledge of SQL and Cognos or other report writing tools.
- Must have knowledge working with a large data base
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills
- Must have knowledge of the Microsoft Suite
- Must have critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Knowledge working with Banner Student Data System
- Knowledge working with Schedule/Rescourse
- Knowledge of working in an institution of Higher Education
- Have worked within a team environment
- Have customer Service experience
- Have a “can do” attitude
Salary will be commensurate with experience and internal equity. Benefits include a comprehensive health and wellness plan, tuition remission program for employee, spouse, and dependent children, a generous contribution to the University’s 403B retirement plan, and a generous time off plan.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion and clearance of a background check and employment verification.U.S. News & World Report rates La Verne Online No. 1 in California for the third consecutive year and 24th best in the country. Washington Monthly’s 2016 “America’s Best Colleges for Adult Learners” rankings place La Verne No. 3 among private, 4-year institutions in California.
La Verne is Tier 1 in U.S. News 2017 “America’s Best Colleges” National University rankings for the seventh straight year, and again made Forbes “America’s Top Colleges” rating (WASC Accredited).Location:
La Verne Central CampusNumber of Vacancies:
2018-190699SAOpen Until Filled: