Community Engagement Coordinator
TemporaryEssential Job Duties:
The Community Engagement Core (CEC) for the NC State Superfund Center for Environmental and Health Effects of PFAS, funded by the National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, is seeking a qualified applicant for our Community Engagement Coordinator. The position will be a part-time position, requiring 10-15 hours per week. The coordinator will support the CEC with research translation and dissemination, engaging with community-based organizations, creating informational resources, and implementing community-based programs. The Coordinator will collaborate with Center researchers, community partners, and external stakeholders.
The Coordinator will attend regular meetings and work closely with the Director of the Community Engagement Core, the Research Translation Leader, and the Center Directors.
Specific responsibilities of the Coordinator include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Develop dissemination materials that are culturally and linguistically appropriate for targeted audiences;
- Create graphics and disseminate information using online (web, social media) platforms;
- Work closely with community partners to coordinate materials, programming, and events;
- Help organize and facilitate community forums, meetings, and other events;
- Coordinate with the Training Core to help support webinars, workshops, and modules for Center graduate students;
- Attend regular Center, community, stakeholder, and other relevant meetings
NoJob City & State:
Raleigh, NC (remote/online)Department:
Community Engagement Core with the Superfund CenterClassification Title:
Community Engagement CoordinatorWork Schedule:
10-15 hours per week; flexible scheduleOther Work/Responsibilities:
Other duties as assigned.Minimum Experience/Education:
A degree or experience in public health, community engagement, science communication and related fields, or currently pursuing a graduate degree in a related field (science communication, environmental management, public health, etc.). Coordinator will ideally have experience with some of the activities listed above.Department Required Skills:
N/APreferred Years Experience, Skills, Training, Education:
- Experience working with interdisciplinary teams;
- Graphic design skills;
- Social media and web design skills;
- Experience communicating with diverse audiences;
- Ability to plan and coordinate events;
- Experience explaining scientific research;
- Experience working with groups impacted by environmental hazards.
N/AValid NC Driver's License required?:
NoCommercial Driver's License Required?:
NoAnticipated Hiring Range:
$15- $20/hour depending on experienceJob Open Date:
NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
If you have general questions about the application process, you may contact Human Resources at (919) 515-2135 or [email protected] Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process, please call 919-515-3148.
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. If highest degree is from an institution outside of the U.S., final candidates are required to have their degree equivalency verified at www.wes.org or equivalent service. Degree(s) must be obtained prior to start date in order to meet qualifications and receive credit.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.