Ultrasound Technologist- Radiology Ultrasound- F/T Night Shift with weekends 4/10hrs - 12694-1A
Updated: Nov 18, 2020
Department: Radiology - Ultrasound
Radiology Services Supv 2
Radiology - Ultrasound (427142)
Reporting to the Ultrasound Supervisor, incumbents perform the full range of basic diagnostic Ultrasound procedures. Will prepare and position patients, adjust equipment to best demonstrate area of interest, operate various stationary and portable equipment and imaging systems. May rotate to other areas of the medical center. Hours will include holiday rotation. Will perform exams on adult and pediatric patients. Will maintain equipment and log all reported repairs. Will rotate shifts and assignments as needed. The technologist is expected to display professional conduct at all times in their interactions with other staff members, patients, and visitors.
- Ability to maintain a work pace appropriate to the workload
- Must demonstrate customer service skills appropriate to the job
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Graduate of a formal accredited ultrasound training program in an approved school
- Flexibility in scheduling, ability to rotate shifts and coverage for weekends and holidays
- Requires ARDMS credentials in Abdomen and/or OB/Gyn and/or Vascular upon hire and a second credential of Abdomen and/or OB/Gyn and/or Vascular by end of 6-month probationary period
- Current BLS certification
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships across the Health System
- Must perform both inpatient and outpatient exams, and all other ultrasound exams as needed.
- Prefer experience/training in musculoskeletal, transcranial doppler, breast and/or vascular ultrasound
- Prefer recent work experience in an acute care setting
- Prefer vascular and neuro ultrasound experience
- Prefer BCLS
Physical, Mental, & Environmental Demands
To comply with the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 the essential physical, mental and environmental requirements for this job are listed below. These are requirements normally expected to perform regular job duties. Incumbent must be able to successfully perform all of the functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.