TEMP-Communications (Marketing & Event Coordinator)
Job Title: TEMP-Communications (Marketing & Event Coordinator)
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Part-Time
Job ID: 222089
Provide support to a unit marketing efforts through participating in the development of communications materials and planning and conducting marketing related events. May develop communications materials in the form of graphics, brochures, fact sheets, articles for publication, logo designs, social media, and/or websites. Specific duties will be determined based on assignment and unit needs. This position will interact on a consistent basis with: unit management and staff. This position typically will advise and counsel: unit management and staff. This position will supervise: NA.Responsibilities
- Develop content and oversee the writing, editing, design and production process for print collaterals, websites and newsletters.
- Conduct and utilize market research as necessary to recommend appropriate marketing communications strategies.
- Consult with academic and/or administrative personnel to acquire the necessary information about the subject.
- Confer with Institute Communications and Marketing to ensure that Institute graphic and style standards are followed in all material.
- May obtain cost estimates, collaborate in the selection of illustrators and printers and approve their work.
- May provide input to department policies and procedures.
- Support event planning and preparation to include coordinating/making space reservations and other arrangements, assisting in the registration process, materials distribution, etc.
- May perform administrative/programmatic support duties for the unit.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's Degree in related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
Up to two years of job related experience
$20-$22 per hour.Required Documents to Attach
- Cover letter
This job requires skills in writing and communication, creativity, and the ability to incorporate a variety of resources and tools to develop marketing materials. Requires ability to understand complex and/or highly technical ideas and programs and communicate them in lay terms. Also required are organizational skills as well as use of office and specialized computer applications.
Applicants are encouraged to apply by December 4, 2020 for optimal consideration. However, applications will be reviewed until the position is filled.Location
Atlanta, GAOther Information This is not a supervisory position.
This position does not have any financial responsibilities.
No, this position will not be required to drive.
This role is not considered a position of trust.
This position does not require a purchasing card (P-Card).
This position will not travel
This position does not require security clearance.Other Information
The Marketing and Events Coordinator will support the outreach and information dissemination goals of the School of Public Policy's programs in multiple areas of interest and working with multiple School of Public Policy faculty and staff. This is a temporary position that will ideally begin January 4, 2021. The temporary position will be funded until at least June 30, 2021 with the possibility of being extended. The workload for this position is expected to be between 20-25 hours per week.Department Information The School of Public Policy has 30 faculty members and we instruct students in undergraduate, masters and Ph.D. programs. See our webpage at http://spp.gatech.edu/ for more information. Core policy areas of the department include: energy and environmental policy; science, technology and innovation; information and communication technologies; regional innovation; urban economic development; and ethical inquiry. Our work in these areas benefits from synergies with Georgia Tech’s world-class engineering, computer science, design, and biomedical science curriculums, and a tradition of interdisciplinary innovative research.