Senior Finance and Accounting Specialist
DescriptionUniversity of Colorado | CU Anschutz Medical Campus
Department of Medicine, Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology
Senior Finance and Accounting Specialist
Position #00770552– Requisition #19511
- Update internal Financial and operational data sets on a periodic basis (A2E-CIW; A2E-AX; MyBI-Revenue Cycle; MyBI-cFTE; MyBI-wRVU’s; HCM-Funding Distribution; UCH-Provider Availability Reports)
- Monitor and maintain the data integrity of the internal GI systems
- On a periodic basis run all internal reports, data-flows, and processes to ensure updated and accurate information
- Using data tools such as Tableau and Tableau Prep update all financial reports for the Division Administrator, Division Head, and Division Leadership
- Troubleshoot match exceptions, discrepancies, and serve as the financial/operational data steward for GI
- Analyze, review, and submit charge corrections for the Division
- Generate cFTE calculations for the division
- Calculate, validate, and submit on-call pay, differential pay, and additional procedure pay.
- Collect monthly reports issued by CU Medicine and validate the reports against AX
- Review divisional funding distributions for faculty and submit PET’s to ensure accurate reporting
- Conduct reconciliations, prepare budgets and reports, etc., for assigned programs, including all division CME conferences.
- Prepare and process journal entries and Payroll Expense Transactions (PETs) on assigned accounts and as requested by the Division Administrator.
- Prepare and process monthly payments to faculty for activities related to shift pay, call coverage, and other contractual services.
- Prepares and process monthly payments to faculty for activities related to shift pay, call coverage, and other contractual services.
- Assist the Division Administrator in preparing faculty incentive plan payments.
- Assist the Division Administrator with managing gift accounts including set up, closures and maintenance of accounts. Ensure accounts are linked to individual ST and review financials through CU Foundation and PS to be sure sufficient funds are available and that spending adheres to the sponsor’s guidelines.
- Serve as the departmental procurement and contract manager; being the liaison between 3rd party vendors, the department, and the Procurement Service Center. Act as a resource to staff on routine purchasing activities.
- Serve as department fixed asset contact; conducting annual inventory and updating equipment list in the database provided by finance.
- Serve as an advisor to laboratory staff for procurement, complete documentation for large equipment purchases (over $5,000) and review laboratory expenditures for compliance with University policies.
- Implement and oversee execution of financial policies and procedures related to all facets of the University (PeopleSoft, Concur, CU Marketplace, etc.) including electronic and paper approval and submission (i.e., POs, SPOs, University Payment Vouchers, Travel Reconciliation, Employee Reimbursements, UPI Travel and UPI Accounts Payable, etc.)
- Assist incoming faculty and staff with the moving (relocation) procedure if applicable and process related reimbursement documentation.
- As needed, provide financial back-up support to the research team responsible for clinical trials pre/post award management and grants management.
- Build Business Plans for new faculty hires and new division programs
- Review and approve P-Card reports for staff and faculty
- Review and submit CU Marketplace Purchase Orders
- Using tools like Tableau, build divisional reports to easily and quickly monitor division speedtypes, funding distributions, P&L statements, and other KPI’s
- Build process charts and periodic checks and balances to ensure all reports are up to date
- Using row-level-security, create custom dashboards for faculty and staff
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Division Administrator
- Participate and contribute to Division staff meetings and initiatives.
Total Compensation Calculator: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/total-compensation Diversity and Equity:
Please click here for information on disability accommodations: http://www.ucdenver.edu/about/departments/HR/jobs/Pages/JobsatCUDenver.aspxThe University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
- Bachelor’s degree in field related to business administration, public health administration, finance, accounting, social/behavioral sciences, physical sciences, or healthcare.
- At least two years of experience working full-time in a related professional field.
- At least two years of experience at an academic institution.
- Experience with University systems (e.g., HCM, mFIN, CU-Data, and Marketplace).
- Experience with pulling data from large data repositories (i.e. Microsoft Analysis Services, SQL, etc.)
- Experience with basic SQL functions (i.e. joins, unions, aggregations, and calculated fields)
- Experience with analytical tools and building dashboards (i.e. PowerBI, Tableau, Google Analytics, etc.)
- Ability to quickly learn and understand new IT systems
- Proven desire to learn and grow skills
- Skilled in workflow automation and efficiency
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Strong accounting and fiscal management skills including, but not limited to: grants and contracts, gift accounts, purchasing of lab equipment, and management of lab equipment contracts.
- Ability to create custom, user-friendly reports in Excel
- Ability to make independent decisions to resolve financial issues that arise related to compliance, deficits, and new processes.
- Strong work ethic and positive problem-solving attitude
- Strong interpersonal and human relations skills.
- Ability to work independently, be self-motivated, and detail oriented.
- Flexibility, e.g., ability to work with shifting priorities and deadline pressure; ability to work independently and as a team member with diverse faculty, staff, and student populations
Job Category: Finance and Accounting
Primary Location: Aurora
Posting Date: Nov 18, 2020
Unposting Date: Ongoing